How Great the Lord is !!

Let us pray for you!
tcasola
Administrator

How Great the Lord is !!

Post by tcasola »

Some of you have personally written me wondering why I haven’t been on the board so often.

I work seven days a week, I work two jobs for 4 days, and I am taking a night class. Recently I took a new position at my full-time job, and have been diligent trying to learn the new position. I also have been stressed because the position has a lot more responsibilities, and one of them is something I know very little of.

For the last 5 years I have been doing computer support. Basically I resolve computer issues – be it software of hardware. And I must admit I am very good at my job. Plus I was surrounded by other techs that I could bounce ideas off of. However I felt it was time to move on, and prayed to the Lord to guide me to a new position. And he answered my prayer. He guided me to a new department, and a new job. My new position involves being a Server Administrator.

(dramatic music cue): ZOINK !! 

Not only I am in charge of the equipment, but it’s the equipment that contains all the important documents and/or programs the division uses. Plus I am by myself. There is no one else in my section. There is no one to bounce ideas off of. And worst of all, I know very little when it comes to servers. This scares me to no end. The analogy I give is: imagine I am the tight-rope walker in a circus, and all of a sudden they tell me I am now the trapeze artist – and I am working without a net. I have proactively enrolled my self in some on-line server classes, and I created a phony server so I can practice my lessons.

I figured the Lord lead me here for a reason. Either (A) he has more faith in me then I do, and he know I will succeed, (B) he knows this will be a learning experience, and it will help me further down the line, (C) I will fail at this position, but it will teach me a bigger valuable lesson. Either way, I didn’t doubt his plan. However I have been stressing about this since I got the position, and I have been losing sleep over it. But still I have been praying to the Lord about it, and I knew he would see me through.

Yesterday I completed my first month, and decided to ask my supervisor what she thought of my progress. She said she is very pleases about what I have been doing, and she has heard a lot of complements from other employees. When I confided in her about my apprehension when it comes to the servers, she stated I shouldn’t worry. And she also said that if something does go wrong, and I don’t know how to fix it, she has no problem calling the main office and demanding help from the main server folks. Once I heard that, a rush of calm came over me, and I once again realized how great the Lord is.

The reason I bored you all with that longwinded story is to remind you all that the Lord, our Heavenly Father, is always there to guide us; help us; support us; love us. No matter what problems you are currently having, all you have to do is ask, and He will be there.

Thank you Heavenly Father for being there when I need you. For guiding me when I am lost, for helping me when I am incompetent; supporting me in my times of incapability, and for constantly unconditionally loving me.
Last edited by tcasola on March 1st, 2007, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Re: How Great the Lord is !!

Post by Forever Young »

Tom,

Where God guides...GOD provides!  He will give you the answers that you need when you need them.  Glad for your promotion.  Know that He will use you in a greater way than ever before.  All He needs...is a willing and yielded vessel and you have become that.  Let God guide you to your fullest potential.

We will continue to keep you in our prayers for God fullest blessings on your life.  Just as He provided LDL, He will provide whatever we need from Him...all we have to do is:  Ask...Seek...Knock...and RECEIVE it!!!

Again...CONGRATULATIONS on your newest promotion!~  Know you will be successful as you continue to lean on HIM!!!

God bless,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Tom,

I thank you for that heartwarming story.  I'm glad everything is ok in your life, and that it was only a busy schedule that kept you from being here on the boards.  It takes some of us a while to figure out the "why's" of situations - and some of us never do.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
cm in tn

Post by cm in tn »

hELLO tom I to am so happy on you promotion some times we take god for granted  all you have to do is put it in his hands ask the savior to help you convert and strengthyou he'll carry you through.can you imagine people that don't have god in there life!you can always go to him in prayer and always be sure to thank god when your pray has been answered. you'll do great as i always you got to believe to achieve. i believe in you ! WELL I CAN SPELL TILL I GET ON HERE HERE! have a blessed day tom !
                                          cm in tn
I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST WHICH STRENGTHENETH ME : PHILIPPIANS 4:13
mildred

Post by mildred »

CONRATULATIONS TOM  YOU GO BROTHER ;D 8) :D ;) :)

DIANE JONES MULLINS
Grammasuz

Post by Grammasuz »

Hi Tom,

Mom's bursting with pride here!!!  You are an awesome person and I am PROUD to have you as my adopted son!!  Keep up the good work and check in with us whenever you have the chance.

Love ya,
Mom (grammasuz)
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I think what you are experiencing in regards to learning the new server admin position must be very common. Several of my friends in your line of work have been in that position before. (Excited about the opportunity; but terrified of not being "up to the task".) I'll be praying for you Brother Tom. May he guide you, and give you knowledge and confidence.

NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

HI Big Brother!!! You must know I'm so proud of you!! You're doing GREAT!!!