Grandmother & Cardio Appt.

Let us pray for you!
BradyBunchMom

Grandmother & Cardio Appt.

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Praying Friends,

Grandmother (who lives with us) had a stroke on Friday morning.  We were at her home (which we visit every now and then) when it happened and she was able to get that clot busting drug in time....it was amazing watching her return from non-responsive and completely limp on her right side to being able to move her leg and respond to our voices.  She had a five hour surgery Friday afternoon to break up more clotting in her brain.  The doctors say she is doing well and are hopeful that she will be able to recover well.  Right now she is sleeping a lot and still not speaking much but some.  We are still not sure how long she will be in Neuro ICU. 

We also have a follow-up visit for Marcie (who had heart surgery in Feb.) on Wednesday.  She is doing well but we anticipate the Dr. updating us on the need for another surgery.  The pediatric cardiologist will also be looking at David's heart because of a murmur he's had and because the condition is hereditary.

Thank you so much for your prayers!
Julie
Queenie
Administrator

Re: Grandmother & Cardio Appt.

Post by Queenie »

Yes, of course, Julie.  Prayers going up.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Oh My..Julie, your family sure has had a hard time of things this year! Prayers goin up.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Julie,

Yes, you and your family will be added to the list.  Keep us posted as you get the chance.  God will see you all through this and everything else that comes your way!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Thanks so much for your prayers.  Grandmother was taken out of ICU and put into a rehab. hospital last night.  We are hopeful she will get to come back home in a month or two but we just won't know for a while.  All of us, especially the kids, are already missing her and we will be going home (2 hours away) tomorrow as my dh has to get back to work.

The kids checked out fine with their Cardiologist.....Marcie will have another follow-up check in six months and David doesn't have to do anything else.

It has been quite a week...one of many answered prayers and that faith building peace that comes through these times.  You know, I did have non-LDL approved food here and there but a lot less than I might have just knowing you were praying...it was a reminder that I needed the healthy stuff to keep me going.

Thanks again!

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

Julie,

Thanks for the update on everyone.  We will continue to pray for all of your family.  As you get a chance, keep us updated. 

God bless you!

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!