I Need Prayer

Let us pray for you!
EnJae
Master Member

I Need Prayer

Post by EnJae »

I am having trouble pulling out of a depression.

Mother died a year ago on June 5th. Last Saturday my paternal uncle Billy died (heart attack). He was buried on June 5th, this past week.

I have been functioning fine at work. But as soon as my shift ends I drop into a terrible depression on the drive from work.

I know all the stuff about... "They were both christians, they're with God now." "They're better off now without the physical trouble they had here." "Their true lives are just beginning..."
I KNOW!!!  >:( 

I'm not looking for anyone to tell me I am sinning with my attitude; I'm not looking for anyone to tell me I'll get over it; or to look at the blessings. I just need my Abba to comfort me and bring me through this.

NJ
robnveronica
Master Member

Re: I Need Prayer

Post by robnveronica »

prayers NJ! I totally understand as my grandparents (Mom's parents) died 11 years and 12 hours apart on the day before my parent's wedding anniversary! Even now, 26 years after Grandpa and 15 years since Grandma, I still get emotional and teary eyed as that day approaches. I don' t know what to say to help you, other than if you need a shoulder (figuratively as I'm not close enough in live location) I'm here. You can email me, or PM me via Yahoo or via LDL. I'm here for you. God is here for you and he won't forsake you in this time of need. Immerse yourself in HIS word, speak with a Pastor do whatever you need to help get through this. We LOVE YOU!! We ARE here for you and always will be! Stay away from the "Comfort foods" at this time. Eating your way through the depression won't help but WILL hurt you even more.

Lord, please help NJ. Be with her and guide her feet, her thoughts, her actions. Help her to see Your Love, Your hand in this time of sorrow and pain. Amen.
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

NJ,

You are currently going through the grieving process.  YOU are ALLOWED to miss them here on earth.  If you want to cry...by all means CRY!  Tears are healing from the Father in Heaven.  When you think of your lost ones, remember the good times, the funny times, the great times that you had with them.  Cherish the memories.  Then do your best to "Grid up your loins" as the scripture tells us.  Think on good things...happy things.  IMMERSE yourself in God's Word...and do something that you enjoy.  It will help get your mind off of the immediate...and help you to focus on the good things. 

Today is my sister Shirley's earthly birthday.  Remember she went to heaven in February this year.  This is our first time without her here for her birthday.  Mom was talking about it over the weekend.  She said Shirley always wanted Strawberry Shortcake for her birthday cake.  We miss her too!  But we are striving feverishly to keep on keeping on...to make it to our goal of heaven.

We will include you on our prayer list.  God the Father is our comforter.  He told us to lean on Him...He will never let us down!  He is never on vacation.  Never asleep.  Never on the phone with anyone else that would keep Him from knowing we need HIM.  Keep looking up....keep on keeping on....the end of this training camp is in sight!

If you want to e-mail me, or P.M. me, please feel free to do so.

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
LRittle
New, but learning

Post by LRittle »

NJ,
I am new to LDL, but feel I am getting to know you and others from reading your contributions on the site. I hope to get to know you all better as time passes.
I send you love and prayers....and will hold you up in prayer. It is not easy thing you are going through and please know others care about you during this difficult time. Please continue to communicate on here...we need to support you and want you to know you are not alone.
love, Linda
"Praise Him from whom all blessings flow!"
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

My Sweet Enjae...  First, know that you are loved.  The depression.  Sometimes no matter what, it just won't lift.  It's not just sadness, I know from whence I speak.  Let yourself grieve, as those in the posts above have said, but also try to keep busy.  

Do you have the place for a garden?  If so, get yourself some potting soil and put some plants in.  Seeing them grow is a very comforting thing.  Also, the planting and tending of them allows you nice, quiet, thinking time.

I hope that each day brings you closer to being lifted from the darkness that you're experiencing.  Remember, You Are LOVED...

Love,
Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Race Fan

Post by Race Fan »

Dear EnJae,

You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

We all grieve in different ways ... pain and sadness are unfortunately a part of the process.

I pray you find the comfort you so dearly need and pray for a time when you think about your loved ones and feel the warmth of the love you shared.

God Bless and comfort you.

Warm Hugs,

Dawn
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

NJ,

I can't say things any better than all of the others here have said.  Grieving IS a process and you have experienced so much loss this past year or so.  I am praying for you for God to comfort you and hold you as you go through this.  (((((((Hugs))))))  I know it feels like it sometimes, but you're not alone and you ARE LOVED LOVED LOVED!!!!

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by patsyfay »

God's Word says that when we are are absent from the body, we are present with the Lord. Face to face with Jesus.  Wow!!! I'll bet a lot of things have been answered for yourloved one by this time. Imagine all the people they're seeing up there...all your ancestors.  Now they know who they look like!!!  Oh, to spend eternity with Christ!  God bless you as you make your way through this time of missing loved ones.

Love,
Pat
We are not human beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thanks everybody; I'm doing a lot better today. God gets me through these low times.
NJ
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

NJ,

God is always FAITHFUL to us.  He nevers leaves us nor forsakes us.  He is always there.  We just have to trust Him in ALL things that come our way.  We Love you, NJ!  And are praying for you!

Love,

Jeanne
Keep on...keeping on...on LDL..eating all the carbs and calories you want until full...and still lose weight.  Stay on board the train headed for...SKINNYTOWN!!!   Let's Do Lunch really works!!!
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

What's Bacardi?
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

alcohol NJ is what Bacardi is! (LOL) it's a brand of Rum! I don't drink but even I have figured out this much!!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

They also make frozen non-alcoholic mixes that disguise themselves to look like frozen juice cans!  Tons of sugar in them!!

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

HAHA!!

I was imagining some sort of English pastry...
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

I just need my Abba to comfort me and bring me through this.

Amen sister NJ.  Amen. 
((Hugs))
mrsj
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

I'm asking for prayers again.

Difficulties:
- I have been working 3 different part-time jobs just trying to make ends meet and on one of the jobs I lifted a load that was too heavy for me, causing a strained back.
- Sunday night my foster-dad ran over my 14yo cat, injuring him but not killing him. We had to take him to the emergency, all-night vet to have him put to sleep.

Blessings!!!
- Today I was hired by a company that may be able to give me all the hours I need. In anticipation of that, today I quit the job I got injured on and I will be quiting another part-time job tomorrow.
- I have not been over-whelmed with grief over my cat's death. I mean, I cried HARD that night, but from the moment I woke up the next morning I was able to go on and function instead of continuing to fall apart.
- I started this original prayer request last month because I could not shake depression over the deaths of family members... I look back now and I am thankful that God answered the prayers that went up on my behalf.
NJ
tcasola
Administrator

Post by tcasola »

NJ I am so glad to see HE is giving you the strength you need ... and I am giving a little more by praying for ya !!
Tom

Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me

Matthew 22:36-40

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get when I lose weight”
Forever Young
Master Member

Post by Forever Young »

NJ,

God is truly blessing you and keeping His hands upon you...and guiding your life.  We will continue to pray for you.  Sorry to hear about your furry pal.  I know what you mean about losing them.  In a three day period we lost our Quaker Parrot (Kiwi) who was a talker, and a guinea pig.  I still deal some days with the loss of Kiwi.  The guinea pig (Pookie) is a little easier.

Love,

Jeanne