Moving, Flu Bug, etc.

Let us pray for you!
Always Young
New, but learning

Re: Moving, Flu Bug, etc.

Post by Always Young »

Some of both. Elkhart is about 90 miles east of Chicago. It is next door to South Bend where Notre Dame is located. Drop by any Sunday.We have one service per week only, other than special services.
Sunday School at 10 and Worship at 11. Hope you can make it.
Jim
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Just a quick update.  We found a rental property that will take all of us (Me, dh, our six kids, three standard collies and one inside cat)!!!  We have a place to move and are going to go ahead and list with an agent here for 4&1/2 %....dh says it's worth his money not to have me showing it:-)  We do still want to sell quickly, but having a place to go and knowing I won't have to stay and try to sell by myself with the kids helps sooooo much.  Also, the rental is BEAUTIFUL....on a hill in the middle of lots of valleys...incredibly awsome view and 20 acres for my guys to explore....isn't that great?! 

Thanks so much for praying.  Staying LDL has been easier lately too.....the Lord is providing creative ways to eat while traveling and has even given a little extra accountability the last few days.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
CJ

Post by CJ »

That sounds like a good situation all the way around. Our listing is also set lower (4%) and she has agreed that she'll charge less if I find the buyer. Your rental place sounds like heaven. How far are you from Dallas?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Last edited by CJ on April 4th, 2008, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Hey Carla,

We are 3-4 hours from Dallas right now (Wichita Falls, TX), depending on traffic and where you are.  When we move we'll be near Kerville, TX which I think is around 6 hours.  Many people vacation in the Hill Country down where we will be (near Fredericksberg, etc.)....do let me know if you will be down that way so we can "do lunch."

Lovin LDL,
Julie
CJ

Post by CJ »

That is really good to know! I have a granddaughter (Fort Worth) that will be 5 in August. We don't know if I'll go get her and fly her back and forth, or if we'll go to TX. If we go there, we'd take her on a mini vacation. We aren't big fans of the DFW area and have already done every tourist type of thing there. We like trees, grass, hills, etc. but wouldn't have time or money to go to a place like Corpus Christi. I looked on the map and found where you'll be. It'd be nice to have a play date (and lunch).

Normally we fly and rent a car, but we drove once (to haul some furniture) in Oct. 03. Last week I ran across the receipts - we paid between $20 and 23.00 each time we filled up. Now it is over 60.00 for the same Jeep. Ouch
Last edited by CJ on April 4th, 2008, 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Not sure if this is ok or not?  I would really like you all's feedback on our house listing.  Pretend you are that mean lady on "Designed to sell" and tell me everything you can think of.  Also, in general how do the pictures look?  We think they make the rooms seem smaller than they are, but if a person came to see, they would have a much larger feel...so, should we ask the realtor to change them or will the listing get people here anyway?  Should we ask him for a few pictures of the land?  We don't have much money to put into the sale but we have lots of hands to spruce things up and declutter.
http://www.realtor.com/realestate/wichi ... 098007333/

Thanks so much for any help.  And, Carla, we would LOVE to have you and your granddaughter for a visit....but certainly understand the "Ouch!" if it doesn't work out...I drive a Yukon XL that guzzles that stuff.....we are moving in part to cut down on travel.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

Wow, Julie!!

I think your house is GORGEOUS!  It shows very nice, also.  It looks very neat, and not cluttered at all...  If I lived there, I'd certainly consider buying it, myself! 

I find it very difficult to be critical, but honestly, I don't see anything that would turn someone "off".

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Pretend you are that mean lady on "Designed to sell" and tell me everything you can think of.

Julie,
Youre house looks fantastic.  The only negative thing I could think of would be it is very distinct in its style.  Someone who likes contemporary decorating like myself would have a harder time imagining themselves living there.  My girlfriend who had a home near me decorated very cute like a Laura Ashley type home...lots of floral prints and wallpaper. mission style furniture tried selling....noone even looked at it.  She later broke up with her boyfriend and he bought her out.  Well she was mortified cause he took down all the wall paper and painted it off white.  Anyway long story short he sold it in two weeks and that was a couple of weeks ago in this horrible market.  She on the other hand found a townhome decorated almost identical to her taste and fell in love with it immediately and bought it on the spot.  So I guess the morale of the story is.....if its meant to sell......the right buyer will miraculously appear no matter what!!!!  Now take Carlas home.  She had pictures posted of it and it absolutely took my breath away.  I cannot fathom this house not selling and she is still living there.  I think you might be right about posting pics of the property though cause if its the right lot someone might be motivated to buy it even if they had a different style house in mind.  Okay I tried to be honest and I hope I didnt offend cause it went against every bone in my body to not just be nice like Carolyn. lol
Love and God Bless
Debbie
CJ

Post by CJ »

Julie,

Oh sweetie, I would never expect you to drive beyond your nearest park. If we come down there and decided to hook up, we would drive to your part of the state. You mentioned that people vacation in Fredericksburg. We like nature stuff so much more than what we've seen around DFW.

I looked at the link of your property. I think the photographs could show a little more of the structural aspects of the house. They seem to be zoomed in too close so a person doesn't capture the size of the rooms. Some of the rooms according to the printed info are quite large and that isn't coming across. The realtor taking a picture of your table is not what will catch people's attention. I also would have him mention the acreage (wow) on the headline. Also perhaps a photo of your lovely front porches. They are really nice! And yes, also a photo of the grounds. Have you moved out yet or can you take some photos for him? Sometimes you have to play with the lighting to get the best shots - playing the sun. If the sun is coming through the windows, you can open the curtains and also get a view of the outside. I also find that taking the pictures while being down on my knees seems to capture better views of cetain things.

Have a good day!
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Thanks all for the good information and encouragement.  No offense taken by anyone....that is what I asked for. 

I didn't think you were asking me to drive, Carla, just agreeing with you about the "ouch" with respect to gas prices....I completely understand.  The hill country of Texas is beautiful if you do get a chance to visit and we would love to do a play date.  Also, you never know when we might be in Ft. Worth.  Our entire extended family is there.  We might be able to get together there too.  Just pm me when you are going to be in Texas if you would like to get together.

Keep the good suggestions coming....and prayer.  If we did get a contract on the house it would be so helpful....one thing less to do. 

Please keep praying for my emotional state and that I would stick with LDL eating right now too.....stuff going on with Mom and Grandmother and I'm just emotionally tired.  Good healthy LDL eating helps me feel my best I know, but sometime it takes effort to avoid what's more convenient.

Thanks again for your prayer and encouragement!

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
CJ

Post by CJ »

You're right, I read that wrong. It's that halfzheimer's.

Good luck with everything and lots of prayers heading your way. 
BradyBunchMom

Post by BradyBunchMom »

Just an update since I've been away a while but could still use prayer.  We are moving into "dream rental" today.  It has been an exhausting past week but we are feeling right in the palm of God's hand through it.  Praise the Lord!

Trusting Jesus,
Julie