Reo and Enjae

Let us pray for you!
LovinLDL

Reo and Enjae

Post by LovinLDL »

Enjae,

Let me know if you don't want this here.  I recently had a dog missing and it was very hard.  Just want to prompt everyone to continue to pray that Reo would be found soon and you would be comforted through this time.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
EnJae
Master Member

Re: Reo and Enjae

Post by EnJae »

Thank you. Didn't even think of it. We are on other prayer request lists.

We're in the local classified ads. I am slowly getting around to all the vet offices. We're online with a couple of lost and found groups. He is posted at the three 'no-kill' shelters. I'm just about to go out and post more fliers in my neighborhood. Checking the pound daily. 
(My heart dropped this morning when I walked in because of the look I got from the girl behind the counter. She was on the phone but she thought 'Reo's body had been brought in the night before by one of the night crew. BUT the guy came into the office before she could say anything to me. She asked him to help me. Turns out it was a cream-colored coc ker spaniel; not 'Reo. He is still alive out there somewhere.)
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

*love* :'( :blush: :rolleyes: :sick: :kissed: :wrong: :sleep: :stop: :thumbsup: :blink: :poo: :pouty: :drool: :shock: *hug* :) ;) *lipssealed* :happy: :sad: :music: :angel: :thumbdown: :bomb: :inlove: :tongue: *grrr* :kiss: :shocked: :wacko: :rose: :yawn: :cool: :D :teeth: *evil* :laughing: *scyth* *woot* ;D
Sorry, filled with so many emotions I couldn't pick an icon.

Praise YHWH! 'Reo is home!!!

Last night he showed up at a house. walked in through their open garage door and scratched at the kitchen door. He wanted IN! The couple had a time of it trying to get this stray dog out of their garage. FInally,  the husband stood outside holding onto 'Reo's collar until his wife could close the garage door. Then she set a bowl of water out in case it was a homeless dog and they went in for the night. This morning they opened the garage door and there was 'Reo, ready to come into the kitchen for breakfast! lol. She fed him some scraps outside, then got online and looked for 'lost dog' notices. She found my ad at noon. I was at work when she called, but quickly got excused by both my client and my home-office. She kept trying to tell me not to get my hopes up because she might NOT have MY dog. But I KNEW in my spirit that it was him before I even answered the phone.

I do not know how he made it 20 miles from home in 8 days when he can barely make 3/4ths of a mile when we walk (LOL) but I am SO grateful to have him home.

Addendum: When the woman showed me through the house to the garage and opened the door, she said "Is this your dog?" I yelled, "YES!" and started crying. Her response: "PRAISE GOD!"

What a comfort to know that 'Reo was led to people of God.
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

I agree...wonderful news!!!  How happy you must have felt to see his sweet little face again and he to see yours!!!!
Love Ya
Debbie
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Oh, that is SOOOO great!!!! YYYYYYYAAAAAAHHHHHHH! *love* :kissed: :thumbsup: *hug* :) :happy: :kiss: :rose: :D :laughing: ;D ;D
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Oh my, he and I slept through the night. I feel rested for the first time in awhile. Every step I've taken this morning, he's been right there. He had to go in the bathroom with me. I had to go stand outside with him. Usually I have an invisible gate in the doorway from my room to the kitchen, a line that the dogs are trained not to cross; 'Reo was invited to join me in the kitchen this morning while I started my coffee. I just don't want to be separated and neither does he.
I only have one client today, from 11:30-4:30, so I'm making it an un-rushed morning.
Praise God for 'Reo return.
CJ

Post by CJ »

I just had to click on today to see if 'Reo had been found. I am soooooo excited that he found his way back to you. I had been praying and praying but was afraid to say anything. I lost my Bennie (miniature poodle) years ago and I remember the nightmare as if it were yesterday. By the grace of God, he was also returned to me - after being found on the freeway and chased down by an angel in disguise at 4 a.m. and picked up when Bennie went into a swamp area. The man couldn't keep Bennie in his apartment past a day or two but knew (from the grooming, etc) that someone would be looking for him so he took him to a shelter about an hour out of town, where he knew he wouldn't be killed. Then he watched the papers until he saw our ad. The shelter thought Bennie was deaf because he would not respond to anything, nor would he eat or drink. There is little doubt that our boy would have let himself die had we not shown up within a few days of when we did. When we pulled up to the shelter, he was in a cage outside (ouch) and never even looked our way until he heard Bob's voice. I don't remember why his dog tags weren't traced but I know he was 10 years old at that time and gave us nearly 5 more wonderful years. Isn't God wonderful? CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I am so happy your story ended the way it did. 'Reo rocks!
Last edited by CJ on January 9th, 2009, 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Carla,

I REALLY needed to hear that you had 5 more years with your dog!  'Reo has been through the wringer lately!
Remember the broken leg? We considered putting him to sleep. But went with orthopedic surgery instead.
Then he ate a box full of rat poison. Thought he was going to die. He had to be on Vitamin K for 3 weeks.
Then a few weeks ago he ate 5.5oz of roasted cocoa beans. Again, thought he was going to die. He survived it.
Then a week and a half ago, he had a panic attack and left the yard for 9 days. We were blessed with his return.
But this morning I began to wonder if all this trauma is leading up to me losing him soon.
I will just lay that fear aside.
NJ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

EnJae wrote: I do not know how he made it 20 miles from home in 8 days when he can barely make 3/4ths of a mile when we walk (LOL) but I am SO grateful to have him home.

Addendum: When the woman showed me through the house to the garage and opened the door, she said "Is this your dog?" I yelled, "YES!" and started crying. Her response: "PRAISE GOD!"

What a comfort to know that 'Reo was led to people of God.

isn't that something...he walked 20 miles.....maybe someone drove him part of that way, nj.......but, look at that....reo was attracted to christians......and people call them "dumb animals".........part of me prefers dogs to people..... 
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

He and I are still revelling in each other's company. I had to leave him for ~6 hours yesterday while I worked. But after that I picked him up and he stayed in the car while I went to a meeting and to supper. At every free moment I ran out and spent time with him in the car.

Today there will be what is called "Downtown Dayz" where the shops open, there are vendors and artists with booths set up, a band in the park. Friendly dogs welcome. So 'Reo and I will be going. Then at 2pm, he has an appointment at the groomers.