Post by LovinLDL »

Any update Kathie?

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
turkkm
Master Member

Re: Please pray for my mom...

Post by turkkm »

Thanks for asking Julie.  Mom has made small progress in her movement.  She now, on a good day, can stand for 3 to 4 minutes on her own.  She gets help to the standing position and then holds herself up on bars.  The problem is, some days she can't do it.  The therapy team is awesome in not giving up.  The team always tells me that she works very hard in therapy.  She has a very bad cold...pray it does not go into pneumonia.  I have a close cousin in from Florida who is trying to see my mom and dad this week. We need for my mom to get better so we can have this visit.  I know seeing my cousin will really cheer my mom up. 

Thank you to everyone who has prayed for her!

Oh good Jesus, most perfect physician, place your hands into the hands of those who care for my mom.  Bring her to healing and then to home with my dad.  Bless them with more time together. Lord have mercy on my family!  Amen.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Kath: will continue to pray for your mom, dad, and for you.  Dear Lord Jesus, the great healing physician, help Kathie's mom to heal, put your arms around her as she works with the therapist and let her know that she is loved.  Allow both Kathie and her dad to feel your loving comfort, as only you can during this difficult time  Thankyou Lord for the answer you send even before we lay our petitions at your feet. Amen.

Kath, do keep us updated on the progress so we can continue to pray for you and your family.
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Kathie,

I'm praying for your mom, dad and you.  May God give all of you peace to deal with your mothers recovery journey.  *HUGS*

(In Faith)  LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by turkkm »

My mom went back in the hospital yesterday.  It is just so discouraging.  My dad is so low and I can tell he can take no more.  I went to the hospital to see mom and offer supprot for dad, but only stayed about an hour and a half.  He wants me to live there by her side, but I have life to contend with too.  Not to mention, the drive is 45 minutes each way.  I am so exhausted, plus she looked like she was holding up fairly well...so I went home to cook dinner for my family.  He was very dissappointed in me, so it was hard to leave.  But, I spent 5 hours with her on Monday at the nursing home, so I am not neglectful by any means.  Pray that my dad can accept why his children, meaning me and my siblings, don't spend every day at the hospital with mom.  He does this, and even though he is retired, I think he is spending too much time there too.  The family needs some peace about this.  I sure don't want this to come between me and my dad.  It may be that she will have several years of this back and forth to the hospital and for me to sustain the long haul to offer love and support, I definitely need to pace myself.  Lord have mercy on my family!
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Kathie:  I think I left you a message on your journal about this very topic, try and talk your dad into spending a full 24 hours away from your mom while she is in hospital, he needs the break, or he is going to crash and end up in the bed next to her.  If you can't talk to him about this, speak quietly to one of the nurses, they may have a social worker or chaplain that may be able to help him with the adjustment, it is a big adjustment for families when one family member has a longterm illness.  I will continue to pray for you and your mom and dad  *hug*  *hug*  *hug*
aaa

Post by aaa »

Dear Kathie, Praying in Texas.  Yes, continue to ask the Lord for the desire of your heart.  The Word tells us, when you put the Lord first "He"  will give you the desires of your heart. So I am praying, standing, and believing with you that your "Mother" will be able to come home and live with your "Dad".  I am praying for comfort, strength, joy, and peace for you and your "Dad"... Kathie, you must take care of yourself or you will not be any good to anyone. (I'm great at giving advice, but not very good at listening to my own advice...Ha Ha!!!) My prayer is your precious "Mother" will miraculously be healed. Were you able to spend the day with your "Grandson"?!  Isn't  it amazing how children can brighten our day. Hope you enjoyed a day filled with sunshine, blue skies, fun, joy, love and laughter!!!  Also wanted to add my 2 cents about you wearing that smaller dress you found when closet shopping.  I can see you all "Dolled" up in it now. If you keep up with your TTapp regiment, you might have to buy a new dress afterall... in a still smaller size...that is...  YIPPEE... what a great problem to have...YIPPEE!!! I am also praying for your cholesterol numbers to drop.  That exercising will definitely raise your good cholesterol.  Stay the course and remember always...God is in control.  And I Thank God, "He"is...(and I'M not).  Love and prayers, Annamaria
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Mom and Annamarie, thank you for your loving and genuine responses and for the prayers.  I know your prayers helped because today was a much better day!  I had my outing and day with my grandson.  I talked to my dad and his spirits were up because my mom is doing so much better!  Praise God!

I would love for my dad to take 24 hours away from my mom....but I can't get him to take 1/2 day.  I was working on  that first.  It is definitely testimony to his love for my mom.  But, he is going to be joining her if he does not take care of himself.  I am determined that no matter what he does, I have a separate decision to make on my own behalf, to take care of myself by not spending so much time at the hospital.  God will guide me in this regard because I have asked Him to do that. 

Heavenly Father I continue to ask for my mother's health, for her to go back home to live, and for my dad to have some peace about her illnesses and progress. 
bamaluvr

Post by bamaluvr »

I will have the church start a prayer line for you and your family.  He is in control even though we can't always see it at the time.
  Lots of prayers  going up from Alabama.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ZxQHp/]

May 12 Fibromyalgia Awareness Day
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.

My thoughts are with you and your family...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Kathi,

I don't know how I missed this post so forgive me for coming late. I am praying for your mom and your dad and also for you and the rest of the family. I pray for their good health, I pray for all of you to have the strength and the patience and the understanding needed at this time. It is my sincere hope that you will have some more good news to share with us very soon.

Kathi, you are such a rock for all of us on the boards and have such an upbeat attitude. It is incredible to me that you can sustain that while dealing with all that you are. You are a great inspiration ( in spirit) and I KNOW your faith is what continues to sustain you.

With love,
Julie :rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Lydia, thanks for the prayers from Alabama!  *love*  I am trying to get her on any prayer lines I can so I really appreciate this! 

Shawnee, than you so much for the poem.  :rose:  It brought a moment of calm and peace to me today.

Julie, its no problem that you did not see this.  I will take the prayers for mom anytime!  :inlove:  Thank you also for your kind words.  My faith does hold me up.  Jesus is my rock.
Joanie
New, but learning

Post by Joanie »

I will pray for your mom and dad ... and you.  Don't neglect yourself; if you are going to keep helping your parents, you must me healthy first.  That means both mentally and physically.  Been there....I will pray for all three of you.  God Bless.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks Joanie for the prayers.....and the wise advice!
Harriett
New, but learning

Post by Harriett »

Praying for your parents Wanda&Don here in Canada Ontario May God give you al peace & strength at this time
Love&Prayers Harriett
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thank you so much Harriett!  May God bless you always!