prayer to save marriage

Let us pray for you!
rags

prayer to save marriage

Post by rags »

Code: Select all

Husband decided to leave and move in with another women.  Hard to deal with after 15 years.  Having trouble dealing with the pain.  He stated that one of the reasons he left is my weight, which has been a battle since birth.
So all prayers would be graciously accepted. My prayers to all. I work for a Catholic Church will drop a line in the prayer box as well. Thank You
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: prayer to save marriage

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi rags,

Reading you and Little Mary's posts brought tears to my eyes.  I too was married to an abusive alcoholic who thought it was fun to beat me.  When I got out of that marriage I remarried and thought that my life was going to be spent with this man.  Well I was wrong.  He also found another and now I am in the middle of divorce proceedings.  I don't understand it all, and it is so very painful that some days I almost forget to breathe.  But I know this for sure, God DOES love me.  He shows me everyday by the people he sends into my life to hold me up and support me during all of this.  My only words of encouragement are these, take care of yourself right now.  I know it's hard when your heart is breaking, but you must do this.  Love yourself hon.  Pamper yourself.  Stay on LDL FOR YOU nobody else.   We will be here for you.  God has brought you here for a reason.  You can and will come through this a better person.  I'm praying for you as well.

(In Faith)  LDL
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by LovinLDL »

I don't know what to say but am praying with tears streaming for all of you dear friends.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

Rags.... to riches. LDL will be a Blessing for you in so many ways you cannot even imagine. I've just been Blessed by the sharing of other women who have been abused and abandoned. Please remember, all things work together for good for those who believe in Christ Jesus.  God doesn't send bad stuff into our lives but we live in a world where bad things happen. HE will help you, never forsake you and will always be with you. I used to tell my children I didn't know how or when the abuse would end but I knew it would. IT DID and we have moved on to a new day! Praise the Lord!  God Bless you Rags *hug* Eljayne
t-rock
Master Member

Post by t-rock »

You are all remarkable, amazing women and your stories bring tears to my eyes.  Remember the quote from Elizabeth Kubler-Ross:
[color=red]People are like stained-glass windows.
They sparkle and shine when the sun is out,
but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed
only if there is a light from within.
[/color]

Stay strong Rags.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Rags, my prayers go up for you, I know that God will give you the strength to get through and survive this.  I know that the Lord doesn't send you more than you can handle, and when he closes a door, he opens a window of escape.  Trust in HIS strength and rest in his arms.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Dear rags, I have you in my prayers.  I know your pain personally.  This is the scripture that got me through.  Someone quoted it above, but it is worth repeating.  Romans 8: [28] We know that in everything God works for good with those who love him, who are called according to his purpose.  As I read it and reread it, a little light went off in my brain.  "In everything" means just that....in all circumstances....Gods works for good.  The scripture does not say, in the good things that happen in our lives.  But, in everything, even things like your husband leaving.  I am confident, He will somehow bring this situation to good.  It was the prayers of others that got me through the pain.  You will be in my prayers.  God bless!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
Singing4Him
New, but learning

Post by Singing4Him »

Rags,

My prayers are with you right now!
Isaiah 41:10, "Fear not for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you, yes I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
chipmunk

Post by chipmunk »

Rags,
My prayers are with you too :rose:
mrsj
Master Member

Post by mrsj »

(((((((((((((Rags))))))))))))))
May God surround you with his love and keep you in His care.  It's at times like this that He truly carries us through.........even if we don't know it.
May you also be ministered to by your friends and family close to you.  Remember you have friends here too.
Also, I pray that God leads you in being good to yourself.  Many of us have to grow in that area.
My prayers continue to be with you.
mrsj
rags

Post by rags »

Hi All
Husband came home and was very remorseful. Thanks be to God. Weight is still an issue, but with God's help and the support group established here, this time should be successful. Thanks for all the prayers and the generous support. My prayers will be with all of you.
Eljayne
Master Member

Post by Eljayne »

You and your hubby will continue to be in my prayers and I thank him for the Blessing of reuniting you with your husband.  God Bless, Eljayne
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

rags...i just read this...i'm so sorry for your pain...i know it too well.......i sing and i play folk guitar...music is my ministry.....the Lord has given me a number of songs over the years and He gave me one this past friday...i'd like to share it with you....

sometimes life seems hard to bear...full of sadness, pain and fear
it's then that i remember it's in the valley that i grow

i do not always understand why things happen as they do
but, i am sure of one thing...my Lord will see me through

my little valleys are nothing when i think of what G-d has done
He traveled through the valley of death with His redeeming love

if i always stayed on the mountaintop and never experienced pain, i would never appreciate G-d's love and would be living in vain....................

i'll be praying for you.............niki

life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Rags, You both will remain in my prayers.  With God all things are possible...no mountain the two of you have to cross is too big!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Rags, will continue to hold you and your marriage up in prayer, may you and your dh find a pastor to help you over this rough spot, and help you both see the responsibilities of marriage.
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Rags,

Continuing to pray for you both.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie