Please Pray for me to continue this woe

Let us pray for you!
LizzyClem

Please Pray for me to continue this woe

Post by LizzyClem »

Hello LDL family,
My name is Kim and I need all the prayers I can possibly get. I have been experiencing this woe since July 14,2009. I am very pleased with the success I am having as I have lost 9lbs so far. But I have a confession to make this past weekend I enjoyed time with my family and cheated. I ate sloppy joe and french fries and had 1 beer. I felt soooo terribly guilty and still do. I know the good book says if you cheat just get back on track the next day. I have gotten back on track but feel it necessary to ask for prayers to help me in my journey to skinnytown. All prayers will be greatly appreciated. Thanking you all in advance for your support.

Love to all,
Kim
MusicManiac

Re: Please Pray for me to continue this woe

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Kim,

You are in my prayers!  It is so difficult to be "good" when there is so much temptation.  I've had a family get-together (afternoon), a Church Choir picnic (late afternoon), a rehearsal dinner, and a wedding to go to this month.  I was lucky because these were all late afternoon/early evening.  I "did" lunch around noon before all four of these events and wasn't hungry when everyone else was eating.  Okay, I did eat raw vegetables, fruit, salads - but no meat, bread, etc.

We are all weak!  Jump back on track and keep up the great work!  9 pounds is wonderful!!!!!!!!!

I will be praying for you,
Marga
Last edited by Anonymous on August 2nd, 2009, 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LizzyClem

Post by LizzyClem »

Thank you Marga for your words of encouragement. Your insight and prayers are appreciated.

Kim
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

you are in my prayers
however, do not feel guilty
you jumped off the train for a few, its ok, just get back in and hold onto the strap or take a vacant seat and enjoy your ride

like all highways* and tracks* in life, there are detours
you just gotta learn how to manuever around them  :rose:
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey sweetie,

You are just starting out and look at what you have accomplished.  :thumbsup:You were only on for a short time before you hit "temptation road".  Just hit reset and start over.  This time you already know what to do and you already know the results you can get.  *hug*

It will probably take a few days for your system to clear out again and quiet down any cravings but just approach it like you are NEW and go from there. No one is perfect!  Prayers coming atcha! :angel:

Julie :rose:
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Kim don't beat yourself up so bad............. there is going to be times when most of us will give in to temptations.........just pick yourself back up and get back on track......you will be in my prayers

Cookie
LizzyClem

Post by LizzyClem »

Thank you to all who have been praying for me. Yes, I have picked myself up and started all over again. I actually made salmon cakes and refried beans with corn on the cob for dinner. This was a delicious meal and my kids also enjoyed it. Made me think positive again. I will stay clear of any temptations from this day forward. Thanks for all the encouragement and kind words. I couldn't have come to a better place for support on this journey to skinnytown.

God Bless,
Kim
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Kim, I will pray for you too!  I too fell off the wagon at the wedding I attended yesterday.  Let's just get back at it, ok!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Kim now that you have taken the first step it WILL be easier........have a great day...........

Cookie
Rhonda in SGF

Post by Rhonda in SGF »

Kim,

At least you feel GUILT when you do cheat!!!  I just cheat and say "oh well" or "I am not perfect" and then suffer the consequences.  But at least I am smart enough to jump right back on the next meal.  Surely our cheating episodes will get fewer and fewer.  Plus it is a whole lot better than we were eating before!  (cheating all the time)  :shocked:

I started back to the gym yesterday!  :shocked:  That always seems to keep me on track and the chocolate out of my mouth.  Who wants to exercise their guts out and then nullify all that hard work with CHEATING????  NOT ME!!!  :)
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Kim, remember that even when we make poor choices, we make choices.  I know you are feeling guilty about having the sloppy joes and french fries, but don't feel guilty about the choice you made, just grab back on to the ldl train and make better choices the next time.  I sometimes wonder what ever possesses me to make the choices I make sometimes, but guess what I am not perfect.  Praying that you are able to keep on keeping ldl.  And remember when you fall off the train, you may need to start with the eating until full any and all ldl foods anytime you are hungry again. 
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Hey Kim,

Just checking in. How are you doing?  All good?

J :rose:
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

It's OK.  You are doing great.  I've been out to eat a few times with my husband and friends.  I have been successful when I remembered that I had wonderfully delicious and colorful fruit waiting for me at home.  I sipped on my iced tea while they ate.  I just couldn't find anything that I liked that would keep me true to LDL.  I try to think about what I want more, a moment of pleasurable tastes or the freedom to move more easily because I'm lighter.  I know sometimes the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak.  I haven't had too much trouble on this plan, but I think it is because I so want to be as healthy as I can be.  I want to be able to do for my family what they need me to do.  Also, the cravings are just not there for the most part.  This plan works.  Don't you find the temptations aren't quite so hard to resist?

My prayer for you:  Dear Lord, help Kim to continue eating food that helps the body You gave her to operate in a way so she can do all the things You have planned for her to accomplish.  When she feels weak, be strong in her.  Help her think of the good reasons why she should make wise choices.  Help her overcome the temptations that come her way.  In fact, use the victory of overcoming to make her stronger and stronger to meet the challenges that will surely come her way.  In Jesus' name. Amen!