Please pray for my son's safety!

Let us pray for you!
turkkm
Master Member

Please pray for my son's safety!

Post by turkkm »

In 2 weeks, my son will be on a big mountain climb.  Pray, if it be God's will, that it be cancelled.  If it goes forward, pray for my son's safety and the safety of his group.  Thank you!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageFor we walk by faith, not by sight.
catdog530

Re: Please pray for my son's safety!

Post by catdog530 »

Kathie,
My prayers are for your son and for YOU!!  We mothers worry so much for our children, don't we? 
Deb
heretotheend

Post by heretotheend »

Kathie I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Martha
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thank you so much Deb and Martha!  I am worried because it is his first big climb.  Your prayers mean everything to me!
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

Kathie your always in my prayers, I will make extra special ones for your son and his group
~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks Trish!  {{hugs}} *hug*  *hug*  *hug* This means a lot to me!
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

we haft have our chillin safe period, and all our loved ones so  *hug*

~*~Angel of God, my guardian dear to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this day/night be at my side to light, to guard, to rule and guide.
Amen. ~*~Image
Jazmyn
Master Member

Post by Jazmyn »

Absolutely..we have to keep our babies safe... *hug*

Everything will be just fine and you and your family are always in my prayers..you are such a good mom  *hug*

~Jazmyn  *love*
Start Date 5/18/09
6/18/09 ~ 13lbs gone
7/18/09 ~ 5lbs gone
8/18/09 ~ 7lbs gone
9/18/09 ~ 6lbs gone
10/18/09 ~ 4lbs gone
11/18/09 ~ 2lbs gone
Cyndy

Post by Cyndy »

Kathie,
I will keep your son and all of your family in my prayers!  Put out positive thoughts and they will return to you! The Lord has your son safely in HIS hands.

All of the Lord's Blessings,
Cyndy
ImageImageImageImageImage Image
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Kathi,

I am saying prayers of gratitude to God for returning your son safely into your arms. I will hold that prayer in my heart until I hear he has returned. Please Please Please focus on that! 

Julie :rose:
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

I am staying focused on the strength of prayers in numbers!  He is taking another practice climb this weekend in West Virginia.  His girlfriend, who is a climber too, is going on this one so pray for her safety too.  Keep up the prayers good friends!

Lord, hear us as we lift my son and his girlfriend up in prayer and ask for their safety.  Send many guardian angels to surround them and bring me peace about the situation too.  in Jesus name.  Amen.
isthis4me

Post by isthis4me »

AMEN
Amen. ~*~Image
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Praise God the practice climb went well and all came home safely from last weekend's climbing experience!

Please continue prayers for my son's mountain climbing experience.  His flight went out today (Aug. 11th) at 6 am this morning.  He will actually be climbing this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday (August 13th, 14th, 15th) in the Grand Tetons in Wyoming.  There is a group of 6 doing the climb.  Pray for their safety camping in the mountains and for the climb itself.  He flies back home on Sunday night at 7pm.  Thank you my good friends!

Most merciful Jesus, please send many angels to souround my son over this next week and keep him safe. protect those he climbs with also.  I praise and thank you for hearing me!  Calm my nerves and allow me to trust You totally with my son's safety. I know you love him more than I do!  Amen.
mom
Master Member

Post by mom »

Kathy: I am praying that the Lord will give you peace, and safety for your son.
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks Mom!  *hug*
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Praying now and through the weekend.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
vleller

Post by vleller »

Hi Kathy,  I'm sending up prayers for the group to have a successful summit and homecoming.  All will be well.  It sounds like he's been practicing and knows what to do.  And the Tetons are beautiful!!!  Hope he takes a camera to share pics with you.

My DH climbs mtns.  He climbed Mt. Whitney last year; he's done Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood also.  He's in a group called the Highpointers.  His goal is to climb the highest point of each state.  He's not gonna make all of them though as I put my foot down on doing Wyoming and MT - they're just way too dangerous for my thinking.  He went with trained guides to climb Mt. Rainier and Mt. Hood so he could learn how to climb in the snow and over glaciers.

When we go to AK next year for our 40th anniversary, he's gonna stand on the slopes of Denali.  That's a 3-wk climb to do that one and he doesn't want to spend the money to do it.  Hallelujah!!!!  :)  He's now climbed 26 highpoints and I've hiked/climbed 18.  I don't go over 10k feet due to altitude sickness.  FL was a breeze - just jumped over a ditch to get to it.  :thumbsup:

So, your son should be just fine.  Since he's your son, he prolly has a level head and will be safe.

[glow=green,2,300]Lynn[/glow]
Lynn
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Hmm, wonder where the high point in TX is?...around the Hill Country or maybe El Paso?...either way, should be an easy climb. 

Lots of climbers around here like Enchanted Rock...beautiful granite hill.

Blessings,
Julie
turkkm
Master Member

Post by turkkm »

Thanks for the prayers Julie and Lynn!  It means so much to me! This is a very level headed group.  Since it is their first climb, of any magnitude, togeher they are taking one of the easier routes up.  It is a well established climbing area, with well marked out trails.  Their lead guy is quite experienced too.  The others have all been training for this, but they live all over the country so could not practice climbing together. 

He has been to The Tetons many times.  His degree is in geology, so he has traveled much of the western states in his studies.  We have also traveled there as a family many times.  We have many beautiful pictures of the Tetons, but none from the top.  My son is an awesome photographer, so I am sure he will get some great shots. 

Lynn, Where is the highest point in Wyoming?  He is climbing "The Grand" in the Tetons, but I am not sure if it is the highest point in the state. 
ChrissyV

Post by ChrissyV »

Hi Kathie,
i think your son is on his way now and i will include your family and his whole group in my prayers.

May the light of peace shine there way...

Chrissy