Father Passed On Yesterday

Let us pray for you!
tprouty
Master Member

Re: Father Passed On Yesterday

Post by tprouty »

NJ, Right now I just want you to know you are not alone -- and you are loved and prayed for!

I understand what you are feeling, and it will get better. Remember that. Right now it is one day at a time, one foot in front of the other, and focus on good things and good memories. I know you already know that we have a God who already went before us to mark the trail through the dark valleys!

*hug*  *hug*  *hug*
Terri
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

:'(
Thanks Terri.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

EnJae, I sent a few too that they never must have liked.  I think they are better than some I read, but maybe that's just me.
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

Dear Enjae,  I just read about your cousin and I am so sorry for your loss.  *hug*  I haven't been on line for a couple of weeks and have had you in my prayers for your father's loss and will continue you in my prayers for your cousin's loss.  Just remember, God is with you and does not give you what you cannot handle. 

By the way,  I did not recognize you in your new picture.  Looking good.  :D

*hug*

Ginny
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank you Ginny.
I DO still need prayers; still having days of depression.
BUT on a happier note, I have enjoyed a few good days this week. Hoping today is another one...
NJ
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

NJ, so sorry to hear about your father.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I am very sorry for your loss EnJay.. prayers will go up for you and your family tonight..
Kathie K in Fl.
[
EnJae
Master Member

Post by EnJae »

Thank ya'll. Yesterday was kind of rough. Every single song at church was either about Heaven or was one that triggered significant family-related memories for me.
I AM having more good days than bad ones, though.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Enjae -- when my dad died 20 years ago, I remember the grief coming in waves.  Initially, it was so hard to fathom that this man I'd loved and admired was gone.  I couldn't sit and talk with him again, until we meet in Heaven.  Even after 20 years I can still miss him, but of course it isn't like it was in the beginning.  I just find God is gentle with us and He gives us a little space between the waves of grief.  He gives us hope for a future that will have bright skies again.  I loved my dad more than anyone else in the world, and that was such a blow.  I've lost others since then, aunts, uncles, a sister and my dogs who were so precious to me.  They all hurt, but God helps us through.  The most recent loss was my dog Stevie Rae.  It's the one I feel the most right now, because it's just been a couple of months.  I miss her so much and just wish the accident had never happened.  We will get a new dog soon, I think, but at first I kind of resent thinking of another dog, because she was just so special to me.  You know what I mean?  You think, "How could another dog take her place?"  Writing this makes me realize how much I miss her.  I just know God has to have a place for our precious pets in Heaven and can imagine my dad taking care of all the dogs I've lost.  He loved dogs too. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Crickadoddle, I felt your pain about Stevie Rae.  I love my little dog and have had sadness from losing others.  I think that having pets and losing them help to prepare children for death; however, nothing compares to losing a loved one. God is a God of all comfort.  Joyful Friend
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I know that people are more important than dogs, but you surely do feel them all. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Cricadoodle, You're so right.  I lost a little dog when I still taught school, and every day for over 3 weeks, I cried.  Then I was keeping my daughter's little dog, and while watering flowers, he disappeared.  I looked over to the big road and saw a truck hit him.  I cried so much that I thought I couldn't stand it.  We all loved him, and when I had to tell each of the kids, what happened, they were so relived that it wasn't a loved person, but still so heart broken.  Joyful Friend