Senate OK UI Extension

Let us pray for you!
dailyfooddiaryuser

Senate OK UI Extension

Post by dailyfooddiaryuser »

Unusual to pray for a Senate OK vote...it is a matter of life functionality. With winter looming...

To avoid complete financial meltdown and loss of family cohesiveness the unemployment insurance benefits need to be Voted YES on by the Senate today!

It is imperative that they hold this vote immediately to throw us a lifeline. To save our homes, heat, food and vehicle to look for a job.

This should be extended until the government's elected officials do something about jobs creation!
Stay True to Your Food Diary!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Re: Senate OK UI Extension

Post by crickadoodle »

I pray about all kinds of unusual things.  God wants us to ask Him about all that concerns us.  He cares that much. 
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Dear Dailyfooddiaryuser,

Your pray and mine was answered!  My husband has been out of work since June 1st and continues each day to look for a new job. 

This was on FoxNews.com this morning: "The Senate voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to provide the jobless with up to 20 weeks in additional unemployment benefits. It comes to the rescue of more than 1 million out-of-work people who will run out of benefits by the end of the year. Everyone will receive 14 weeks of additional benefits, while those in states with unemployment rates of 8.5 percent and above get six weeks on top of that."

Also, a bill was introduced last week to extend the 65% subsidy from the government to help pay for a continuation of our health benefits under COBRA from nine months to 15 months total.  This would be a wonderful news for us because we are on COBRA now and our 9 months is almost used up.

What we'll do after all this help is gone, I leave in God's hands.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

And those are pretty capable hands, aren't they?    :)