Needing prayer for healing

Let us pray for you!
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Needing prayer for healing

Post by wendysgoodnews »

I am needing prayer for healing and wisdom.  My blood has too much potassium and so far the doctors are not sure why.  I am supposed to be staying away from food with high potassium.  When I looked it up that includes most fruit, green veggies & butter beans.  Alot more foods we eat on LDL also.  I love this way of eating and want to continue.  I know the Lord led me to LDL so He will work this out so I can eat the foods.
CodingQueen
Master Member

Re: Needing prayer for healing

Post by CodingQueen »

Wendy,

I would check with your doctor regarding the list I sent you.

Just remember that just because it's LDL approved does not mean that you HAVE to eat it. It's the basic eating plan that has worked for us and all you have to do is substitute the OK items for your meals.

CQ
niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

wendysgoodnews wrote: I am supposed to be staying away from food with high potassium.  When I looked it up that includes most fruit, green veggies & butter beans. 

i just went over the list of things you shouldn't eat....it's certain fruits and certain vegetables.....you'll just have to rearrange a few things in your diet and wait for them to run some tests to figure out what the problem is....meanwhile, also make sure you're not taking any supplements that contain potassium....
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Thank you.  Yes I have went off all supplements and I am just taking my blood pressure pills and prevacid.  I have been checking today to see what foods I can still eat and I am finding ones that will do until I can get my potassium down again.  I feel so much healthier on LDL that I am surprised that the potassium is high.  I will continue on and wait to see on Tues. what the doctor says.
Halo
New, but learning

Post by Halo »

wendysgoodnews,

Praying that Our Lord will give wisdom to the Doctor and to you as well.

Encourage you to read in the Bible the promise of James 1:5.

Believe and recieve.

Blessings,

Halo
Everyday with Jesus is better than the day before.

niki
Administrator

Post by niki »

wendysgoodnews wrote: Yes I have went off all supplements and I am just taking my blood pressure pills and prevacid.  

you don't have to go off everything...just read the labels to make sure there isn't any potassium in anything.....a multi mineral would be the main culprit....or a holistic preparation to lower your blood pressure...that would more than likely contain potassium because potassium is one of the things that you would want on the high side of normal as a treatment for high blood pressure...
Last edited by niki on November 30th, 2009, 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain..
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

i just wanted to update my prayer request.  The doctor changed my medication and that solved the not being able to eat high potassium foods.  Thank you Jesus!  I am doing fine now with the medication but still need prayer to see blood pressure come down to normal and my cholesterol levels to be normal.
Beth B.

Post by Beth B. »

PTL! I will be praying that your other levels will come down.  You are doing so well with LDL that I'm sure you will continue to get good news every time you visit the doctor!

Beth