please pray for my dad

Let us pray for you!
o2bthin

please pray for my dad

Post by o2bthin »

My dad's name is Lonnie.  He's 83 yr old and is diabetic, with a few other health problems.  He has nerve damage in his feet, complicated by badly clogged arteries in both legs - his feet just aren't getting the blood & oxygen they need.  His right foot is really bad - it is dark red, with the two biggest toes looking almost black.  I'm taking him to the doctor first thing in the morning, but I know that God is the Master Physician and can do what doctors and drugs can't.  I'm asking for a healing touch from God, asking in Jesus name, for both his legs and feet.  I know God answers prayers.

Since we've been doing LDL, dad's blood sugar readings have been getting better and better.  This morning his fasting sugar was 55.  We've already cut his insulin down from 45 to 35 ccs or units...looks like it needs to be lowered again.

I'm thanking you in advance for your good thoughts and prayers for my dad.  Where two or three pray in one mind and one accord, things happen. 

Blessing to all.
o2bthin/Sandra
Started LDL - Sept. 8, 2009              
Beginning weight - 247                 
Goal weight - 147 or less

'Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.'                   III John 2             

Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: please pray for my dad

Post by Deborah D. »

Sandra you know I will be praying for Dad, please keep me informed about his feet, and if there is any thing I can do let me know, love you all

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I agree with you both for a total restoration of the ciriculation in his feet. My dad lost both his legs to hardening of the arteries behind his knees. He never was diabetic. I wish he had been able to believe for his healing. You are doing great by keeping him healthy on LDL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

O2 and Deborah, Your dad is in my prayers.  That blood sugar was quite low.  My mom is also diabetic, but her insulin in 15 cc in the AM and 8 cc in the PM, so not too much at all.  It is scary when it dips so low.
Scotsgal

Post by Scotsgal »

Deborah,

Remember that God is with you and with your dad.  He will provide..........Just let go and let God in. He will take care of it.............. My mother is 90. I know how you are feeling.  I believe God will take care of us. Let our source deal with it.  All will be well. 'Where 2 or 3 are gathered in My Name there am I in the midst of them'  You better believe it!!!!

I know that it will work out for you.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Sandra, I'm praying for your dad and you.  Our precious Lord is in control, and He knows all about the problem.  He is never late, but He has delays for our good and to bring glory to Him.  He is the Great Physician.  *hug* *hug* JF
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

I will be praying for your dad and for your family as well. I hope to hear good news soon.  :angel:

Julie :rose:
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Everyone please pray for Sandra and I and our family, tomorrow morning they will be taking our father into surgery and taking his right leg...they could not do just the by pass because they said there was nothing left in his leg that worked.  He also has a bad heart, and they are not sure he will come through the surgery, So Dad had asked all the kids to come to the hospital tonight to see him.  Just as soon as my husband get home from getting some cash and gas in by car I will be heading to Houston to see Dad.  It will be about a 5 hour drive.  We may not be on the boards much in the next few days, but will let you know how the surgery went.  Thanks for the prayers

I Love this LDL family, and so does Sandra

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Praying for you and your family Deborah and Sandra.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
tonz2day

Post by tonz2day »

I'm keeping the entire family in my prayers!  Take care!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/weAJS0m/]
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

O2 and Deb -- God's blessing on your dad and the doctors as they do the surgery.  I'll continue to pray for all of you too, as I'm reminded each day.  Get back to us when you can.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

Hi all just got back home today from Hockley....Dad made it through the surgery, but they did not put him under, because they said his chance of coming out was slim to none.  They gave him a shot in the spine that took all feeling away and then just gave him a little gas to make him sleepy.  They took the leg about midway above the knee.  They will be doing what they called a bypass on the other leg hoping to get the blood flow to the left foot, if this does not work then they will have to take the other leg also. And they found problems with his heart also, this is why they could not put him to sleep.  He is in a good mood and cutting up with his nurses....he told one of them he stumped his toe and his leg fell off....We know this is just his way of facing the loss, and I know this is better then being upset and in a bad mood all the time...so I believe he will be fine, just praying he does not loose the other....

He had his surgery on Thursday morning and I stayed with him until Friday afternoon about 12:30, when Sandra came to take over....he was in a lot of pain the first night but by the afternoon it had eased up a whole lot.  Now he said its not too much pain...He is now in another hospital with a rehab center and may be there from 3 weeks to 10 weeks...up to the insurance company and how long they will pay for....

I want to thank each and every one of you for praying for our Dad...I know God answered our prayers.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Deborah, so glad your father came through the surgery and pray they will be able to help the other leg.

On a lighter note, my name is Deborah and I have a sister named Sandra.
Debbie B
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

That's great....are you older or younger then your sister Sandra?  
My Sister Sandra is 4 years older then I am, but we are close now...

And thanks for the prayers....I know they help.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

jaydensmommy

Post by jaydensmommy »

Deborah, I'm two years older than Sandra.
Debbie B
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Thank the Lord your dad pulled through! :D So glad to hear it. We will keep him in prayer that he doesn't loose the other leg.