My mom -- prayers of thanksgiving

Let us pray for you!
crickadoodle
Master Member

My mom -- prayers of thanksgiving

Post by crickadoodle »

I just wrote this in another spot. (The prayer request for my nephew)  But I realize I need to post it in its own spot.  Many of you know that I care for my elderly mother.  I have got to express my feelings of thanksgiving.  God is so very good!  Maybe this will help someone else too.

Well, I am just so excited with the breakthrough we have experienced this week.  It is as though my mom has come out of a deep fog.  I started giving her CoQH (ubiquinol) -- which is the reduced form of CoQ10 that I first read about on Dr. Mercola's website.  I guess she's been taking it for 2 or 3 weeks.  Well, I noticed on Monday that she was laughing like she used to.  I hadn't heard her laugh like that in so long.  Then I remembered on Sunday seeing her in her room kind of sad and I asked her if she was ok, and she said, "I'm a little melancholy thinking about your dad."  It was Valentine's Day.  Even though she was sad, I realized she was starting to feel things again and that is a good thing.  She has gotten her personality back.  It is as though this other lady has been living with us for over a year -- she took Mom's place -- and Mom has returned home to us. 

Oh, I am so thankful to Jesus.  I asked Him to guide me in finding something to help her.  Just like He guided me to LDL to lose my excess weight, He guided me to that Dr. Mercola article that made me decide to try the CoQH and now my mom is back.  I just can't quite express how awesome this is, but you can probably imagine how I feel.  We went out to eat tonight with my husband's kids in BR to celebrate his birthday which was yesterday.  We got the sitter we normally get and she said that she is most definitely different -- her old self.  It was good to know someone else could see it too and it isn't just my wishful thinking.  This makes me more happy than you can imagine. 

My husband and I have started taking the CoQH ourselves after seeing how great of an effect it had on Mom.  It seems like a very important supplement.  If you are over 25 years old your body needs the CoQH rather than the CoQ10, because your can't convert the CoQ10 into the CoQH as easily as someone under 25, according to what I read.  The more I read on it the more I want to take it.  We are going to try it and see if we notice a difference in us too. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: My mom -- prayers of thanksgiving

Post by LINDA RN »

I am curious as to the brand and dosage you bought on Vitacost. I am looking at it now.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I got the NSI brand (Nutraceutical Sciences Institut) and got the 50 mg -- 120 softgels.  I'll keep you posted on how this continues.  Today, she was a little more tired than earlier in the week.  Maybe it was not so good of a day, but she had like 6 good days in a row!  I guess it is all a process and takes time.

The article I first read was this:

http://products.mercola.com/coq10-ubiquinol/
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I checked out the article and since I had already planned to order his Gallon of EVCO I am ordering his brand of CoQH. His is 100mg. DH and I will start taking it.
Keep praising God for your answer in spite of what the enemy would want you to accept as a set-back. I believe with you that your mother is healed and her youth restored.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

So glad to hear about your Mom! What a wonderful blessing!  :)
I'll have to look into CoQH. Maybe I should be giving it to my Mom...
There is so many supplements out there it gets confusing at times!

Thinking of you and your Mom with prayer,
Beth(ann)
KathyPrulhiere

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Crick,

So happy to read your good new about your mom. I see I am about a month late. Maybe you should do an update?

Praise God, He is so-o faithful.

Kathy
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Well, the way she responded to the supplements was amazing, but we've had a set back.  She had surgery a little over a week ago and with the worry she was feeling and the anesthesia, she has taken a few steps back.  She is still better than before, though.  Just a couple of days ago I gave her a puzzle to do.  It was actually the first jigsaw puzzle I'd gotten for her to stimulate her mind.  Well, over a month ago, she couldn't do it without assistance.  It was a 60 piece puzzle of the USA.  It was a bit pathetic, because she used to know where different states were, but not when doing that puzzle.  Two days ago, I ran out of puzzles so took that one out for her to rework.  She did the whole thing in one sitting and all by herself.  That proves to me there has been improvement.  I'm taking the CoQH myself and will let you know when I really see a difference in myself.