Please pray for my husband, Ron.

Let us pray for you!
BMorg

Re: Please pray for my husband.

Post by BMorg »

OH Ollie...how frightening! I pray for healing for Ron, and for strength and comfort for you both.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

We are home. Ron was released at noon today. Home health will be coming each morning to draw blood and take it to the hospital lab. I will be giving Ron 2 shots a day of Lovenox and he will be taking coumidin. This will continue until the results of the blood work are what the Dr wants. He thinks probably 3 or 4 day. Also Ron is on complete bed rest for 4 days.

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, surely hate this, but glad you got him to the hospital, and that he is back home.  I have not read much on the computer for a couple of days.  I have been so busy trying to get things ready for our family's bridal shower for our grandson, Samuel that will be here on Saturday.  Lou and I went to Sam's today  to get several things.  We went to the Huntington Mall first--needed some new dresses and shorts.  I am so tired now because I got up real early.  West Va schools are still in session so it was  not busy at either place.  We had our big lunch at Ruby Tuesday's.  Another friend was eating there, and she just started the LDL way of eating, and was so excited about it.  She is losing well and so is her hubby.      *love* *love* and prayers, JF
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Ron has completed his Chemo and has completed 24 of the 28 radiation treatments. He has been standing the treatments pretty well up until this last week. He has lost his appetite and is very fatigued all the time. He could use some prayers as he completes this last week of radiation. After this, we will meet with the surgeon on the 19th to plan that next step in his treatment.

Thanks for any and all prayers. *love*
Ollie

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Praying the tumor will be removable, or better yet, gone by the time he sees the surgeon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Ollie- You and Ron are in my thoughts and prayers.  Pam
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

MY PRAYERS ARE CONTINUOUS OLLIE. I FOLLOW RON'S JOURNAL EVERYDAY.

TIM

julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Ollie

*hug* *hug* *hug*

Sending prayers to you and yours!

Julie :rose:
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: Please pray for my husband, Ron.

Post by barrypaxton »

Ron had a CT Scan yesterday as part of his treatment plan for his cancer. When the Dr's looked at the CT Scan they discovered a blood clot in his right lung and they wanted to admit him to the hospital right away. So he is now in the James Cancer Hospital and they are treating him for the clot. He is going for testing this morning to determine if there any clots in the legs.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated.
Ollie

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Sending prayers.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My prayers are with Ron and you, ollie
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

Thinking of and praying for you Ron and Ollie...keep us posted...  Lisa

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

Sure am praying my heart out for so many here...adding Ollie and Ron to my list.. way down here in Naples where Mom is resting and hoping to mend.
Hugs! Kathie
[
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Well, they ran a doppler ultrasound on Ron's right leg and found more bloodclots. They said the coumindin that he was taking was not working so they are switching him to lovanox shots twice a day. They are working on discharging him now so we may get out of here today. They said the lovanox will be better because the dosage is based on your weight and not on blood work results so there's not as much fluctuation.

Thanks for all your prayers.
Ollie

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Prayers for you and Ron. Glad he is off the coumadin. I think the Lovanox will be better, except for the needle, but he must be pretty used to them by now *hug* *hug* *hug*
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Father God, bless Ollie and Ron. We are glad you are the Great Physician.  Please cause those blood clots to dissolve in a healthy way.  Give Ron victory over the cancer and the blood clots.  In Jesus' name, Amen! 
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Ron was released from the hospital at 4 PM yesterday. I gave him his first shot of lovonox last night. OUCH!! Now we are waiting for our appointment with the surgeon on Thursday. We'll also find out Thursday if the Chemo and Radiation did what it was supposed to.

Thanks for the prayers. God is Great!!
Ollie

Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Ollie, God's mercies are new every morning, and that's a promise.  *love* and prayers, JF
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

I haven't posted about my husband's condition for a while so I thought I would update you.

Ron completed his Chemo and Radiation treatments in early August. He was scheduled for surgery in September to remove the tumor in his esophagus. Testing showed that the cancer has spread to multiple sites in his body including the bones. So his surgery has been canceled. We met with the Chemo Dr yesterday. We found out that without more chemo his life expectancy is a very few short months. With the Chemo, the life expectancy is a year, more or less. The Dr also said the Chemo will make the cancer more tolerable and improve Ron's quality of life. They will do Chemo until it is not being effective and at that time they will stop and we will be calling Hospice.

We ask for your prayers that we have the strength to face what lies ahead for us.

Thanks,
Ollie

PS. Any personal messages sent to me to tell me what we are doing wrong will be deleted without being read. I just can't handle that right now!!
Last edited by barrypaxton on October 8th, 2010, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.