Mom, Stepdad and His Family

Let us pray for you!
LovinLDL

Mom, Stepdad and His Family

Post by LovinLDL »

I know I shared with some of you in TX.  My stepdad, Wendell, is quickly fading.  He has known he has stage 4 cancer for a little over a year (found out just after he and Mom where married).

Mom called yesterday and said she needed me so Dad came and flew me to her.  I stayed with Mom last night with Wendell (at bedside, in the home I grew up in).  He has a faint pulse and is not expected to live long.  His family (who lost their Mom to cancer just over 2 years ago) is here now.

Please pray for Mom and his family.

The Lord has really used the sweet "Thank You"s and kind words about last week to encourage me through this time.  Thank Y'all!

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Deborah D.
Master Member

Re: Mom, Stepdad and His Family

Post by Deborah D. »

Julie please know that I will be praying for your stepdad and mom and his family....but will also be praying for you, and asking God to help you while your helping your Mom.  It is so hard when you lose you other half, and unless you been there you can't know the pain she will be going through, and she will need lots of someones to help her during this time.  If you need me send a message and I will get back with you, as I have been through this loss.

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Blessings to you Julie and may the comfort of the Holy Spirit help you to help others who will be grieving also.  His children will need alot of support to deal with the fear that loosing both parens to cancer it will surely come on them also. Help them to combat that fear and take charge of their lives. LDL will help them also but it may be a while before they are ready to make changes.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Blessings to you and your wonderful family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Julie, I just read this.  I'll be praying and I appreciate your ability to be instant in season -- where you are needed.  You are a blessing and make such wise choices.  I know God will give you the strength you need in this new area.  Keep us posted.
VickiLynn
Master Member

Post by VickiLynn »

Julie,

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.  I'm happy that you are able to be with your mother as she faces the loss of her husband as you will be a great comfort to her.

Vicki
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks so much for your prayers.  Wendell passed away yesterday morning.

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, I just read this thread.  All I can talk about since I came back from Texas is you and your family.  I just felt as though I needed to be recharged spiritually, and all your children inspired me.  Mark really ministered to me.  Emily and Madaline did as well-music and serving.  Little Marcie was so lovable and the two boys played so well with Harrison.  Your hubby and you didn't seem addled at all.  To think, you had this going on.  The inner peace only can come from the Holy Spirit within.  We will be praying that your sweet spirit will witness to those who need it most.  I'm so glad that your dad took you to be with your mom- strength for her  *love* and prayers for you and your family, JF
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

JF,
You are too kind.  I know you know this, but I need to say it for the attack I feel under right now (struggling with anger toward someone who I need to love and am suppose to honor, who just lost her husband to cancer...how dark is that!?). Anything good in me or my family is the Lord....His grace, His strength, His creativity, His love, His selfless servant heart.  Oh that I would keep my eyes on Him! 

Any good worked out of that party was from Him...absolutely not of me or my family but Him.

I praise Him with you and can type this today only because of Him.

Blessings and Thanks,
Julie
Gwennaford
Master Member

Post by Gwennaford »

Julie, please let me add my condolences for the loss of your stepfather.  You are unfailingly loving and giving.  Believe me when I tell you what an unimaginable blessing it was to your mother to have you there at her side when he passed.  She may not know it now, but she will in the times to come that she WAS blessed.  It's okay to feel angry.  Jesus got angry with people he loved.

For you and each member of your extended family, I'm praying for the peace that passes understanding for your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Love, Gwen
Last edited by Gwennaford on April 5th, 2010, 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
• Join me in the Let’s Do Lunch message boards!
ImageImage
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Julie, You belong to Jesus, so His promises ring true, " We never experience anything that doesn't go through Him first.  You will gain spiritually through the experience, and the devil doesn't want that.  He wants us to dwell on the negative, but praise to God, You came through by giving God the glory.  It's all about him and not about us, anyway.  I just love you and your testimony.  No one could not be in your home and not feel the calmness and love of family.  In fact, I've talked more about your family to people when I tell about our SA trip than I did about LDL. The hope of America are kids raised with Biblical principles like yours are.  Love and prayers, JF 
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Julie and family,

Just wanted to let you know that I will be praying for you and your family.  Losing a loved one is never an easy process.  However, I know that your faith in God is strong, and He will give you the peace and comfort you need to face the coming days.  Take your burdens and concerns to Him and draw your strength from the Lord and your family.    Country Girl
LovinLDL

Post by LovinLDL »

Thanks everyone for your prayers!  The memorial service Thursday was the most beautiful I've ever attended.  Wendell knew the Lord and that made it a true celebration.

Mom came home with us a few days and that went very well. 
She went back after church today and intends to return to work tomorrow or Tue.

Thanks again for your prayers!

Trusting Jesus,
Julie
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Thank You Lord for our eternal life with You!! AMEN!!!! Blessing's on your family (((Hugs)))