Prayers for my son

Let us pray for you!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Prayers for my son

Post by joecaracappa »

Roger and friends,

My son is currently in a L.A. county physic hospital holding room. He is delusional and has no health insurance. He will be transferred somewhere in the county to another facility for treatment as soon as a free bed can be located. It is the weekend and quick action is not likely as there are no social workers available.

Please pray for us.

Love
Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
rodie

Re: Prayers for my son

Post by rodie »

Joe.
You and your family with be in my thoughts.
Hugzzzz
Rodie
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Dear Lord Jesus, provide the deliverance from the torment this young man is going through. Open the perfect place for him to go to be restored. In Jesus name, Amen
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Joe
Your family and especially your son are in our prayers.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Joe, I was touched by your request.  God is our heavenly Father so He loves our kids more than we do, so you're so right when you ask for prayer.  May God give him healing and strength for you.  *love* and prayers, JF
Country Girl

Post by Country Girl »

Joe - I will be praying for your son, you, and the rest of your family.  God is in control.  May He give you strength for the days to come and guide you as you look for the best doctors and treatments.  Country Girl
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Lord, Please put your hand on this family and especially Your son...please heal him, in Jesus Mighty & Holy Name AMEN!!!
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Roger Troy Wilson wrote:Hi Joe. It's 4 AM and I'm reading posts. Even though I pray all the time, I normally do not respond to prayer requests. But, just know (all of you) that I will pray for you. I can't imagine what it's like to HAVE to wait for your child to get treatment when there is something wrong with him. I thought it was the law, that they HAD to treat anyone who had a medical emergency.

RT

Roger (and all)

Not to worry, he is being treated but they are limited in the ER as to how far they can go until he is placed in a room in the main part of the hospetial. We were told today that he will remain at the hospital he is in and placed sometime this afternoon or early evening. Blood test show no drugs and his cat scan was negative. We visit him twice a day and he is relaxed but still delusional...........keep praying, I love you all

Joe
rgfd401

Post by rgfd401 »

Joe,
  Prayers are headed your way. May God lay his healing hand upon your son and give you and your family  strength during this time.

TIM
Bethann
Master Member

Post by Bethann »

Praying for your son, Joe!

Take Care!

In Jesus,
Bethann
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

My Dear LDL Friends:

It's been just over a year since Mike's medical problems began. Because he had no insurance he was placed under the county system. One of the medications he is on (Geodon) is outrageously expensive. Mike got it for free but in order to do that he had to stay with the county and that kept Delia and I from being able to get him help in the private sector.

Recently, he got a letter from Pfizer, the manufacturer of Geodon, telling him he had been excepted into their program which provides patients with the medication for free! I called Pfyzer and the told me the medication they were supplying was the full dose and that it was transferable into the private sector.

This changed everything! We saw the new doctor today and he is begining to make changes that will allow Mike to deal with the negative side effects of the other medications he takes (the Geodon was not the problem, it was just too expensive).

This is the short version of the story. We still have expenses that are related to this but we can handle them. The point is that God has been good to us, Mike is going to be much better off and I am so very thankful for all the prayers.
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Joe , my prayers to you and your family to get you through this crisis, Cindy
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Joe,
I just read your full post. My  middle son is also on Geodone and doing well with it. But prior to that they tried many different meds that left him at times in the same state your son is in. It will get better it has for my son. As a parent it is horrible to watch your child go through that. It will work out.
Peace,
Cindy
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Cindy:

Thank you so much for your kind words. People have been coming out of the woodwork with their own experiences, it is as if we joined some kind of exclusive club of families who are dealing with the fallout of a mental health patient in the family. Things are looking up for Mike and the opportunity of getting him with a private practitioner has put him in a fresh and positive frame of mind.

We also found out that Walgreen's has a discount program that will cover his other medications. Stay tuned!

Joe
mroszczak1

Post by mroszczak1 »

Joe,
Im glad things are falling into place, Im sure its a club you never wanted to join! There is so much of it out there and so many people never get help. When my son was first diagnosed with anxiety disorders it was a year of hell trying to figure which med would work. Many caused other things such as what you dealt with. It was very hard on the whole family but we got through  it, and he is now stable and like he use to be before the anxiety and depression. Hang in there and keep us posted. Keep your faith, I know that is what got me through our ordeal!
Peace,
Cindy
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Update!

Mike recently was told by his therapist that because he was doing so well that she felt weekly visits were no longer necessary. He now sees her every other week!

Also over a long period of time (months) Mike's psychiatrist has been slowly lowering his Geodon. He is now at 60mg from 120mg and doing great!

The hope is that he can eventually live drug free.

God bless you all,
Joe
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

It is likely he can especially if he follows the LDL plan.
Grain consumption has been linked to many psych disorders.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...