UPDATE on my husband is in the hospital

Let us pray for you!
KathyPrulhiere

UPDATE on my husband is in the hospital

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Hi Everyone,

My husband is scheduled to be released from the hospital tomorrow. They won't do the heart exam thingy until a couple of weeks from now. Someone said he had had all the antibiotics he could take for now--don't know if that is so or not, but the heart test will tell us if there is any permanent damage to the valve. So I'm still asking for your prayers. It has been a long seven weeks! But the heart valve damage possibility is still there.

I plan to start him on pro biotics ASAP and get him back to his regular diet and supplements. Hospitals are pretty scary places.

Thanks again for your prayer support. Will let you know when we get the heart valve test.

Blessings,

Kathy
Last edited by KathyPrulhiere on April 27th, 2010, 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Re: UPDATE on my husband is in the hospital

Post by wendysgoodnews »

So glad your husband is being released and heading home tomorrow.  We will be praying for a good report on his heart and fast recovery.  Also, praying peace and rest for you both.
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

It will be good to have him back with you!! Praying his heart heals AMEN!!!
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

Many good thoughts and lots of prayers coming your way. I hear you about hospitals being scary! Sometimes a scary necessity, so I pray that all goes well with your hubby's recovery and tests.

May God hold you both close to His heart
Terri
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I can only imagine how relieved you must be to have him coming home.  I hope he will soon get a clean bill of health.  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Hospitals are even scarier when you have worked there. Prayer is so essential. Guess it may be akin to eating a hotdog if you had ever worked in a hotdog processing plant, ewuuu :shocked: Glad he is better and hope the healing continues until his heart is renewed
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

So glad he is coming home tomorrow Kathy.. I know he will be in good hands!
Hugs..Kathie in Fl.
[
KathyPrulhiere

Post by KathyPrulhiere »

Thanks everyone for your prayers. :rose:

Well, now we know there is heart valve damage and it will require open heart surgery to put in a new valve in the near future. Doctor can hear a spurt of blood with his stethoscope on his spine.

I'm trying to keep a "stiff upper lip" since I'm sure this could have been a lot worse. I've heard this bacteria can do enough damage to make a patient need a heart transplant. The antibiotics he was taking for so long were very dangerous but he is feeling pretty well at this time. Been going to work and doing light workouts at the gym and helping me put in our summer vegtable garden. We just go slower than usual. He seems very skinny to me. I've never seen him at this weight and his appetite is down the drain. He lost almost 30 pounds and wasn't too heavy to start with.

The bacteria seems to be gone. The one hanging on his heart was about the size of a dime and round like a marble. But it did eat a hole in his valve. There could be other damage from this bacteria, but praying the Lord will intervene. Would so appreciate your continuing prayers for my husband and for me. I'm feeling very worn. Can appreciate more what Crick has gone through with her mom.

Blessings to you all,

Kathy
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Kathy- More prayers coming your way.  Pam
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Yes Kathy, we all wish the very best for your husband and yourself
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Thank You Lord for getting rid of that bacteria and restoring health to this wonderful husband...AMEN!!!!