A prayer for Red Lion Lass

Let us pray for you!
CodingQueen
Master Member

A prayer for Red Lion Lass

Post by CodingQueen »

I'm not sure how many of the LDL members read Red Lion Lass' last post but if you did then I would like to apologize on her behalf. I've spoken to her and she's given me permission to post this even though she'll probably never be back.

Red Lion Lass is Bipolar. For those of you who are not familiar with the disease I'll try to explain. The body goes through cycles...severe depression and then manic (racing thoughts, reckless behavior, etc.) and then starts all over again. It can be a real nightmare for those around them because they never know what type of mood the person is going to be in that day. She's suppose to be taking medication for it but it also causes weight gain. So, she quit taking it because she desperately wants to lose her weight. Right now, she's been admitted to a psych ward in order to stabilize her moods by getting her back on her meds.

I would like to ask for your prayers. She really needs to know that everyone really cares about her well being and hopefully she'll change her mind and come back to us.

CQ
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: A prayer for Red Lion Lass

Post by MsHeirloom »

Thanks for letting us know about Red Lion Lass.  I knew that something was going on when she made those troubling posts.  She is in my heart and prayers.  I hope she will become stabilized and come back to this wonderful and supportive place.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Please let Red Lion Lass know we are praying for her to recover quickly and get on the right meds.  We welcome her back as soon as she is feeling up to it.
Deborah D.
Master Member

Post by Deborah D. »

CQ please let her know she is in my prayers, and when she feels better and wants to join us again, she will be welcomed back with open arms...and I think everyone will be more understanding next time..if there is a next time. Love and prayers

Deborah D.
I live in Burleson, TX
Restarted LDL on April 11,2012
Starting weight 295 lbs
Goal weight 125 lbs

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

CQ, thanks for letting us know about all this.  We all want to see Red Lion Lass well and whole.  She is surely welcome back to post and learn and share.  We will be praying for her.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

CQ, thanks for the information about Red Lion Lass.  We know first hand about the disease because we have had family with it.  Many years ago, before people knew much about it, it destroyed a family member.  I thought when I read her post that she could be Bipolar.  I'm glad you are a friend to her, and I also know that is difficult, because it seems they attach those close to them.  My prayers are with her.  Joyful Friend
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

I appreciate all the prayers. When I go to see her again I'll print off this thread for her to read if she's in a good mood, otherwise, I'll hold on to it for later. I'm sure it would make her realize just how much people really do care about her if she sees it for herself rather than take my word for it.

Joyful Friend,

Yes, she's my friend. She's Mormon and I use to go to the Mormon church with her and her family before I married my husband and converted to his religion. And believe me, she has tried my patience on more than one occasion. I just have to keep telling myself that it's not her...it's the disease.

CQ
lulu65

Post by lulu65 »

My thoughts and prayers are with her too CQ.. Thank you for updating us on her condition..
Mary J
Master Member

Post by Mary J »

Prayers coming her way.... wish her well.

Mary J
Mary J
FL

Started LDL in Oct 09
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I will add my prayers also. Let her know that this WOE can be a lifesaver. I senserely believe that stabilizing blood sugar and eliminating sensitivites will help reverse the condition. But as with Diabetics and Hypertensives, they have to stay on the medication until the body detoxes and stabilizes. Hope she will come back I her posts were informative and helpful until the last one. Jesus is the only one who can heal her if she will let him. For some, that kind of surrender can be difficult. Hope it happens for her soon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

We'll pray for her!
rodie

Post by rodie »

Thanks for sharing,she will be in my prayers.
Hugzzz
Rodie :)
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I am also praying for Red Lion Lass and hope that she will be able to return to LDL and find the right meds to help her in this dark situation.
Hugs..Kathie in Fl.
[
CodingQueen
Master Member

Post by CodingQueen »

This is just an update for you guys. I recently found out that they won't release Tori (Red Lion Lass) because she's considered "non compliant" with her diet. She has been insisting on fruit for breakfast and dinner. The dietitian has told the the doc that it's not normal for someone to eat just fruit for those meals and now she's considered non compliant with her diet and, therefore, they won't release her.

I guess I have my work cut out for me tomorrow. Either I'm going to end up in jail after talking with the dietitian or the doc is going to want to admit me as well.

CQ
Last edited by CodingQueen on May 17th, 2010, 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Prayers going out for you too, CQ for a safe return home. Certainly don't want to read about how a healthy eating plan landed you in a psych hospital!  :rolleyes:

Really, praying for the word of wisdom from the Holy Spirit for you to be an intersessor for Tori and also an educator of those severely nutritionally & educationally-challened "professionals".  :angel:
Last edited by LINDA RN on May 17th, 2010, 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Great idea, Mary. Go for it CQ
Linda

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I think you may have to hit the dietitian over the head with the book.  After all,s/he is only going to know about the food pyramid and how Tori should be eating all the nutritionally devoid frankenfoods that have been developed for human consumption and enjoyment.  Good luck, CQ.  What a dilemma  :wrong:!!!  Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

MsHeirloom wrote:nutritionally devoid frankenfoods that have been developed for human consumption and enjoyment. 

Frankenfoods! Love it!
Linda