First day

Let us pray for you!
pkj
New, but learning

First day

Post by pkj »

This is my first day of Let's Do Lunch...please pray for me to find my way and take control of my eating instead of having it control me.
Kathie

Re: First day

Post by Kathie »

Welcome PKJ .. Hope you will enjoy your journey. It really works and its so good for your health. Baby steps!
Hugs! Kathie in FL
[
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Congratulations PKJ for joining all of us who are eating LDL and enjoying the journey.
You will do great!  Just remember to eat until full and eat until your cravings are gone.  For me by the end of the first week I was thru with the craving for sweets and bread.
If you have your book remember to read it over 3 times so you get and remember what is being said.  It is amazing how you can read a book and miss so much.
Ask lots of questions and enjoy all the support you will receive. 
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome PKJ,
The best way to get control is to do what Roger said and eat only LDL food, eat anytime you are hungry and eat until you are stuffed. Within a few weeks the cravings will be gone, the fuzziness in your head will clear and you will find youself eating less and less. It is a wonderful journey. Ask lots of questions and visit Donna in the caboose for Tea if you just want to chat. As Marga said, we are a big family here but we are all getting smaller.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi there!

Welcome aboard!!!

The hardest part is getting started - the easiest part is sticking with it!!!
Marga
barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

Welcome pkj. I just know you are going to love this way of eating. It's fantastic. I love eating LDL foods and not having the cravings for those bad foods.

Enjoy your journey and don't forget to ask questions. We're all here to help each other.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

PKJ, Welcome to the LDl family. Check in with us often,we love hearing your progress along the way.........WITHER
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Welcome, pkj, on this life-changing and life-saving journey. At last, a program offering hope and FOOD FREEDOM. Please post often so we can enjoy it with you.

Blessings.
Beth M.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Welcome, pkj, to these wonderful supportive boards and to the best way of eating on the planet.  You will love it here and easily achieve your goals by following the guidelines.  Do not hesitate to ask questions or seek support.  We look forward to hearing all about your journey to health!  Pam
pkj
New, but learning

Post by pkj »

pkj wrote:This is my first day of Let's Do Lunch...please pray for me to find my way and take control of my eating instead of having it control me.

Thank you for your prayers...it has now been 12 official days since I started LDL and I must say that I am absolutely blown away by it!  This is the first "diet" (which really isn't a "diet" at all) that I have not "cheated" on.  I look forward to my "dinner" meal at noon and LOVE the frozen grapes! OMG who knew!

I also happened along the Let's Do Lunch booklet by accident.  I was vacationing in Myrtle Beach, SC with my girlfriends and they kidnapped me to go shopping at one of the outlet malls (I HATE to shop!!).  I found my way into the only bookstore on site which happened to be a "Christian" book store.  I purchased three books with the LDL book as a last minute whim.  I too have tried every weight loss program under the sun.  This one touched me to the soul and I truly believe that God led me to this book and a healthier life.

Thank you for making me feel welcome:-)

PKJ
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Awesome.  Just wait until your first monthly weigh-in.  You will love LDL even more than you do now ;)!  This way of eating is the best.  Pam
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

PKJ -- Welcome to Let's Do Lunch, the best LIVEt you'll ever find.  You said it right when you said it wasn't really a diet.  Diets make you miserable and you are always hungry and looking forward to the day it'll do what you are wanting it to do, so you can eat real food again.  Right?  I was praying for a LIVEt, which in my mind was a way of eating that I could live with and be satisfied with and even enjoy the flavors of the food I was eating.  It would help me lose weight, but not make me grouchy and miserable.  Now, I don't know if I really believed this could exist in the real world, but then I discovered Let's Do Lunch and it turned out to be better than I was hoping for.  That's why I call LDL my LIVEt!

You began just about a year after me.  That year will zoom by and you'll be so much slimmer next year at this time.  Just wait.  Stay focused on eating the LDL way and don't let anyone talk you out of eating this wonderful way.  Keep us posted!
Last edited by crickadoodle on July 13th, 2010, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Pkj,Welcome.  It is a wonderful way to eat the rest of my life.  I don't crave the weight gaining foods, because LDL is not a diet.  I agree with the other posts.  Keep us posted.  :thumbsup: Joyful Friend