Feeling heavy-hearted today

Let us pray for you!
BMorg

Feeling heavy-hearted today

Post by BMorg »

A member of our extended family has taken his own life. Those who loved him are devasted. Keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
barrypaxton
Master Member

Re: Feeling heavy-hearted today

Post by barrypaxton »

Beth,
I am so sorry. I'll keep all of you in my prayers.
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Oh Beth,

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts an prayers are with you and the family.  *hug*

Julie :rose:
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Oh Beth,
As if dealing with Pretty Girl were not bad enough, now this. Praying for some sunshine and joy to break through for you soon.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

Beth so sorry about your loss.  I will be praying for all over of you.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Oh, Beth- I am so sorry!  Pam
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Dear Beth, I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear of this tragedy. Just know that our Lord and Saviour is with you always. He is greater than the one who causes so much misery on this earth. Jesus loves you so very much....and won't give you more than you can bear.

You are in my prayers always, Dear Lady.

SweetRose :rose:
SweetRose
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

Sweetrose  :rose:  no one could have said it better..........Wither
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Dear Beth, Love and prayers with you, Joyful Friend.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I am so sorry Beth..prayers are going up for you and yours!
Hugs! Kathie in Fl.
[
lrainbow2006

Post by lrainbow2006 »

So sorry for your loss Beth...I will be thinking of you all...

Started LDL  6/14/10
                  7/11/10  16# gone
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Beth, this is so hard.  I had an aunt who took her life, and you always wonder if there was something you could have done or said.  I'm so sorry and pray that everyone finds the comfort available in Christ.  A long time ago, I realized that some matters will never be understood on this side of eternity, so we just have to trust it all to Him.  Blessings to you and your family!
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Oh my goodness, I just saw this now, I had been looking in your journal, because I always look forward to reading it, and and saw that you had been missing for a few days. I am so sorry too. What a terrible thing, and how desperate the person must have felt. I am very sure many people are praying for you and your family.
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. The young man was my ex-son-in-law. He and my daughter were married for four years, and have been apart for six. He had struggled with depression/bi-polar issues for his whole life. It finally took a toll on their marriage, and my daughter had to leave. Of course, now she is feeling extremely guilty, feeling like she gave up on him. She's absolutely devastated. She loved him so much, and he was so good to her. But she finally had to make the difficult decision to leave. It's just a very sad situation. He told me one time, "Every day that I don't kill myself is a victory for me.". ... So sad. It happened in NYC where he jumped in front of a subway train.

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
Kathie

Post by Kathie »

I cant imagine how every one is feeling but no one should feel quilty. We are responsible for our own actions and I know the Lord sees it that way too.
Please take care.. its good to see you again.
Hugs! Kathie
[
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Oh, Beth, now I really know how to pray.  God will help your daughter through this.  He will even use this in her life in ways only He can do.  Such an amazing God!  Poor young man.  I'm sure he felt things very deeply and was so tormented by things.  It isn't your daughter's fault for sure.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

The demonic torment that people with depression/bipolar suffer is astronomical. Any life destroyed is so devistating. Keep encouraging your daughter. Prayers are with you both.
Last edited by LINDA RN on July 22nd, 2010, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Oh Beth, you're dear daughter did the right thing in leaving this tormented young man. She is not responsible for the decision he made. If anything her leaving was the best thing for him because it was an opportunity for him to seek (christian) counseling. Was he on drugs or an alcohol abuser? Sometimes these things go hand in hand and make matters far worse, of course. Do they have children? Were his own family members aware of the situation?

Your daughter needs to talk with a minister or someone in the field of therapy to help her through this, if she continues to feel guilt-ridden. She will soon be able to see that it was not her fault, that there was nothing she could have done. I'm sure that you are helping her just by being there.

Bless you, your daughter, and all family members, Beth. Prayers continue to be with you all.

SweetRose
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Thanks, SweetRose. To my knowledge, there was no alcohol abuse, but he may have been an "occasional" drug user. That's just my intuition. His family was well-aware...he's attempted suicide twice in 1 year, once by drinking anti-freeze...another by driving his car into a tree going 80 mpg. They tried to stage an intervention recently, but no success. It's just very, very sad. Young (41), healthy, handsome young man...an amateur body builder, actually. Just couldn't find his place in this world.

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
SweetRose
Master Member

Post by SweetRose »

Beth, I'm wondering if this man could have been on steroids, since he was into body building. No matter, it sounds like he was on a downhill spiral. So very sad. Unfortunately, bad things happen, but it's important for your daughter to know that it was out of her hands. It sounds as if his immediate family was trying to help, to no avail.

I know it's going to be hard going for awhile, but the Lord is there to give us the strength we need. Hold onto that promise.

Last edited by SweetRose on July 22nd, 2010, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose