Job Insecurity

Let us pray for you!
julie409
Master Member

Job Insecurity

Post by julie409 »

HI Everyone,

If you can find some time in your day, I would appreciate any prayers you could send my way.

I have a terrific job (I lease store space in NY/NJ malls) that I love and just found out yesterday that my job is being eliminated. I am hopeful that I will find another position I like as well or more but for now I am feeling a little shaken. Please send your prayers that I can find my way to peace and fulfillment and most of all employment.

Thanks so much!
Julie :rose:
Kathie

Re: Job Insecurity

Post by Kathie »

So sorry to hear that you are loosing your job, Julie. I know brighter days are right around the corner!  Hang in there! Prayers are going up!
Hugs! Kathie
[
BMorg

Post by BMorg »

Julie,
So sorry to hear about this. I know these can be scary times. Just believe that the LORD walks beside you and is preparing a way for you. "Let not your heart be troubled..."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0n7Qks/]

Beth M.
RESTART 10/14/11
10/14/11 Wheat Belly: 49 inches :/   11/4/11 Wheat Belly: 46 inches :)
Psalm 27:13
I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Julie- I am praying that as this opportunity ends, that another will open which will be even better.  If my grant-funded University position hadn't lost its funding, I never would have started my bridal dressmaking business.  It was an example of thanking God for unanswered prayers!  Hugs to you, dear Julie.  I will keep you in my prayers during this scary time.  Pam
wendysgoodnews
Master Member

Post by wendysgoodnews »

My prayers are with you.  God has something even better in mind for you.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Julie, don't fret over it.  God will make a way for you.  I pray that when all is said and done, you will look back and see how God used this bless your life in ways that only could have happened if you lost this job.  He is so amazing, when we leave our lives in His hands.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Julie,

I fet the same witness in my spirit as everyone else. God has something very wonderful for you. Praying He will continue to lead you and make His will known to you.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

OMG!  Aren't you all just  :angel:

Thanks to all of you for your kind support. I know it will all work out for the best. My whole company is restructuring. It just gets tiresome to keep learning a new job every 6 months.  Oh well. My resume continues to look incredible.

*love* to all,

barrypaxton
Master Member

Post by barrypaxton »

As least Julie, when you go job hunting you'll be slim and healthy looking...thanks to your commitment to LDL!!

Praying that God's will for you will be revealed to you soon. Be receptive to where ever He leads you.

Blessings,
Ollie
LDL since 10/13/2009.....Reached Goal Weight 2/14/2011.....88 lbs lost

Make everyday an LDL day!!!        

Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no point.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Love and prayers for God's grace in comforting you through this difficult time. You will get something that is as good or even better.  When we belong to the Lord, nothing comes to us, but what goes through Him first.  He is always faithful to His Word, even though,  many times we are unfaithful in walking by faith.  He is always with us.  *hug* JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Ollie, I thought you were going to say what I was thinking, but you didn't -- so --  Julie, just imagine how good your resume is going to look, having had all those various jobs every 6 months or so!  Talk about experience! -- none learned in vain. 
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

JULIE, things happen for the best most of the time, even though sometimes it's hard to deal with.I am sure with all your  experience and that good resume something even better is waiting just for you. So hang in there and try not to let it get you down. Keep us posted as to your new great job..........
MusicManiac

Post by MusicManiac »

Hi Julie,

You are in my prayers!

You have been such a blessing to me.  I'm certain that your blessings will be returned to you...
Marga
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

Thanks again for all the support and the kind words. They really do help.  *hug*

I am planning to update my resume tomorrow and apply for the jobs that are available. The one they are looking at for me right now is about 40% less in pay at the top of the scale. OUCH! (Double ouch if you live in NJ!)

Have a great weekend and I will keep you posted.

crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I hear the cost of living there is quite high.  I'm sure that is a big OUCH!  :'(
Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Julie  My prayers are with you and for myself, I love my job but it just doesn't pay enough for me to live  I know times are slow but I do hope you and me both may find others jobs.  My job is at the curch cafe I run it and love it, but the pay is not all that good go I really need to do something else.  Hugs & Prayers  Karen
julie409
Master Member

Post by julie409 »

HI Karen,

Thank you and I will pray for you as well. I don;t know how some people are making do with what they earn vs. cost of living. I have been very blessed in the past.  I am sure I will be ok. It is just disconcerting.

Where do you live?  What else can you do along those lines?  Remember Paula Deen built her empire from making sandwiches.  :laughing:  *hug*  Maybe you could make nutritious LDL soups and sell them to the local supermarket.  ;)

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Check in to what the percentage of sales would be if you set up at a Sam's club and sold Roger's book along with samples of smoothies made with the ninja that they sell there and on another day soup in a crock pot they sell there with all the ingredients from the store. If everyone who was impressed bought the book, an appliance and the fixin's it could really add up.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Karen Weeks

Post by Karen Weeks »

Might check into Sam's  although it is 60 miles one way
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

That may be a bit too far to make it worthwhile  :'(
Last edited by LINDA RN on July 30th, 2010, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Linda