Sweet Potatoes

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mtngirl

Sweet Potatoes

Post by mtngirl »

Can we have oven baked sweet potato fries?
Zesti
Master Member

Re: Sweet Potatoes

Post by Zesti »

I just wanted to put my 2 cents in...LOL...
I put sweet potato in the search engine up top and came up with a nice long thread on these little babies..
I know that cooking them intensifies the sugar content, but occasionally I have the baked fries.
I do it with a little evoo s+p to make them savory and, on a day I am usually have a chicken corn thin burger..I really feel like I am getting the french fry affect. They don't seem to send me into a "sweet craving" frenzy, and I only do it once in awhile, I also do the butternut squash fries once in awhile too.
When I make them into french fries, I am not tempted to add butter and and/or marshmallow either..like I would if it were a whole potato....weird..but hey..it works..they are so healthy for you..I do think it's one of those "things" one has to try to see how the body reacts..But, I think the book says "NO" if you wanted to know that. the book says.. "If you crave potatoes eat as little as possible of a sweet potato

Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I think the main problem of sweet potatoes and potatoes is what you put on them and how you cook them. Baked potatoes any kind tend to be dry and all the fat (butter, sour cream, ranch drsg. or brown sugar, marshmallows, syrup) make them weigh gaining and carb craving foods. Putting broth on the instead of gravy and high fat additions can reduce the calories but may continue to cause cravings for the weight gaining preparations. We are all different. As Zesti says the sweet potato fries meet her craving for burger and fries. Once in a while that might be satisfying. The point is: is it a craving? or is it a trigger? We have physical needs and emotional needs that are met with food. Then we have cultural and social needs that are met through eating. It involves nature and nurture. Our circumstances and our environment, our previous life experiences and our beliefs all effect our journey to skinny town. The most important thing is to keep it simple and enjoy the journey. Life is abundant and we have freedom in this WOE to free ourselves from habits and influences that are not for our good. Choose life and live it to the glory of God.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well said Leilani :ymapplause:
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...