Pumpkins and Squashies everywhere!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Pumpkins and Squashies everywhere!

Post by LittlePrincess »

I went to Publix today. Many of you know I've been struggling for years to get back on LDL 100% again. Well, I think I am finally back on track. I was watching Joseph Prince the other day and then my pastor, Creflo Dollar came on. Both of them were talking about how we struggle sometimes instead of letting things go. They both reminded me that IT IS FINISHED. :D All of the gifts are already given to us. We just have to receive them. Sooooooooo, I said out loud, "I plead the blood of Jesus over my eating choices. I thank you Daddy that every day I am making better and healthier choices. I thank You that I am now eating as You would have me eat." I wish I could say that I had had some sort of a burning bush miracle but it didn't happen like that. I continued to eat out at restaurants and fast food. But guess what? It began to be very unsatisfying to me. Not only did the taste change, but I became very aware that my body wanted real food and not the garbage I was eating. Next thing that happened was I started ordering salads, chicken etc. instead of burgers, coke and fries.

I've also been REALLY struggling with my sleep disorder this past few months. To the point that I've started taking melatonin at night to help me sleep. Because of my crazy sleep hours I've been eating dinner around 10:00 and then not sleeping until 2:00 -5:00! Last night was a rinse and repeat of that. I had a good breakfast but then I didn't eat anything for over 9 hours. I got in the car and drove to Steak and Shake. I bought a patty melt with swiss cheese, onion rings and a chocolate shake. YUP REALLLLLLLLLLLLY healthy. NOT!!! As I was eating this meal I was not enjoying it like I used too. The sandwich was greasy and had way too much cheese on it. The onion rings were also greasy. The shake was pretty good but when I finished it I felt sick.

It dawned on me last night, (actually I think Jesus was gently urging me) that I may very well have been being my worst enemy with the sleep disorder. Maybe, just maybe (note the sarcasm here) the food I'm eating is adding to my sleeping problems and the pain in my body. Seems like I remember something along the lines of inflamation causing obesity and health issues. (Yes I am being a smart elic! ;)

Today when I went to Publix there were mini pumpkins and beautiful squash every where! I bought two white pumpkins because they were so tiny and cute! I wasn't even sure if you could eat them when I bought them. LOL! Turns out, after researching the interwebs, that you can! It also says that no only are they edible but they are sweeter than regular pumpkins. SCORE! hehe I also bought two little dumpling squash. I know these are fabulous because I had them before when I was 100% LDL pure. Little Mary taught me how to cook them and I never forgot that. Thank you Little Mary! *HUGS*

So anyway, I bought enough groceries for almost a month today. I also bought some of those plastic storage bowls and some plastic bags with the little zipper things on them. I am getting ready to go to the kitchen and cut all my fresh veggies up so I will have ready to go snack things when I want to grab a quick snack. I also bought some romain lettuce for lettuce wraps and some baby arugula for salads this week. After the fresh veggies are all eaten I will have frozen and canned to finish out the month. I also bought beef, chicken and fish for protein. I also stocked up on beans and fresh,frozen and canned fruits. It's amazing what happens when I turn things over to God and just let go. :D I'll keep you posted, but I'm feeling pretty confident that I'm going to be 100% LDL again and staying that way. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. Love you guys! Sorry for the novel but I'm about to bust with HAPPY!!!!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.
Master Member

Re: Pumpkins and Squashies everywhere!

Post by omalani »

IF YOU EVER GET THE CRAVING FOR JUNK FOOD, TRY NEEDSWIFE'S LITTLE GREEN PILLS! (PEAS) JUST A FUNNY WAY TO REMIND YOURSELF THAT NON-LDL FOOD WILL MAKE YOU FEEL :ymsick: YOU CAN DO IT LITTLE PRINCESS, GOD TOLD ME SO!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

*HUGS* Thanks hon. LOL@the little green pills. hehe Today has been good so far. I had forgotten how you can feel kinda icky when you first start and are detoxing. I also had forgotten how much energy you get when you feed the body good healthy food! :D I had a lovely salad with some hummus for brunch. I slept late so I'll only have two meals today. I'm making enchillada's for dinner and then I will have no more food in the house that is not LDL. :ymapplause:

In a little while I am going to cut up all the fresh veggies and fruit I have and put them in the fridge. I get to work a half day at the flower shop tomorrow so I will have healthy snacks to take along. WOOO HOOO! I'm also back to drinking only unsweet tea, coffee and water. I know I'm going to make it because God told me I could do it too! Thank you for your support hon. It means a lot.

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Joyful Friend »

I give all my success to Jesus Christ. I had come to the end of myself in up and down in weight when I was given LDL. Thanks unto Him for His bountiful foods. With complete dependency on Him, you can do it. :ymhug: JF
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Thanks JF. :) I have been crying all day today. Just feeling overwhelmed with everything. I got on the phone with a good friend and we're talking and it dawns on me that I'm probably going through sugar withdrawals on top of my current issues. I gave it to God and I'm trusting tomorrow will be a better day.

Blessed and Loved,
LP

Post by Joyful Friend »

I do understand. Strongholds are hard to break. :ymhug: JF
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

^:)^ :YMPRAY: THERE IS POWER IN THE NAME OF JESUS, BREAK EVERY CHAIN, BREAK EVERY CHAIN, BREAK EVERY CHAIN. :YMPRAY: ^:)^ JUST A LITTLE SONG FOR YOU!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Okay so I cooked the two little white pumpkins tonight. They were okay but I wasn't bowled over or anything. The dumpling squash is actually much better to me. I'm glad I tried them though. Now I know. :D I will say that they were filling so that was a plus.

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

You are an artist......paint those little white pumpkins.
Bet you can make them look fancier than Easter Eggs.
Think Cinderella style royalty pumpkin!

So glad to hear you are back on LDL with a vengance.
I am at a very stressful time in my life and been on a sweets and sugar binge.
Clothes are getting tight and I feel awful. Time for a Colon Cleanse and new attitude.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I don't know what it is about Halloween, that makes us feel entitled to eat candy. It truly is the devil's holiday!! :ymdevil: My belly still hurts from last night!! You can do it LP, "put thee behind us satan" Let's put him in a bad mood, with the power of Jesus Christ!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

I've been doing really good until tonight. My friend texted me to stop by her house. She had made an entire tray of cupcakes! I thanked her and took with me to the restaurant I met my mom at for dinner. I gave her all of them except two. I had one for dessert and now I have one in my fridge. I've decided to give it to my neighbor. He's alone and loves sweets and he's skinny! LOL!

Linda I'm so sorry you are having so much stress. I was doing the same thing with the sugar. I can't believe how much better I have been feeling. That's why I'm so mad at myself for eating the cupcake. I'm just glad I had the will to give the rest of them away. She gave me a tray of NINE! I've also started taking melatonin and last night I slept better than I have slept in ages. I remember now how well I rested when I was on LDL before. Sugar is such a LIAR. It tells us it's so good and we can't live without it. *HUGS* Hang in there girl. You'll get back on track. :D Love you!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Well, I am up a pound with that sugar free chocolate fiasco!! It may be sugar free, but it is not calorie free and it is processed chemicals. BEWARE!! :-o
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Omalani,

I tried that sugar free candy last year at Christmas. It tastes okay but like you said is full of chemicals and such. It actually gave me a tummy ache and a headache. I was so shocked at myself this week. I was offered chocolate pudding or watermelon and I went with the watermelon. The funny thing is I didn't even have to think about it. The watermelon just sounded better to me. :)

Blessed and Loved,
LP
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good for you LP. :ymapplause: I had the best salad yesterday. I had cooked some sweet potatoes and had them in the fridge. I diced up about 1/2 cup of sweet potato and put it on my salad, also some chickpeas and frozen corn. I topped it off with my ranch drsg. thinned with some dill pickle juice. Salads are so yummy to me. Last night I made some southwest black bean and corn salad and ate 1/3 of it before I got it in the fridge. I am so happy with LDL, because even if I don't lose, I don't gain and I still eat a lot of food. Life is abundant.
Last edited by omalani on November 13th, 2014, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

So right! :ymhug: JF
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I bought 2 small pumpkins with a packet of pie spices for $.99 at Aldi's. I am planning on roasting the and freezing small amounts diced up to add to salads and soups. I was persuaded to purchase a Wolfgang Puck pressure oven on an infomercial, this morning in the wee hours when I couldn't sleep. I can always return it if it doesn't turn out to be what I need. I need to cook things quickly and get out of the kitchen and I am thinking it has got to be healthier than a microwave or convection oven. Live and learn.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Let me know how you like it. What is wrong with a convection oven. I loved my Nu Wave until it quit.
I insisted on a microwave/convection oven in the RV but have not had the time to read how to use the convection.
Need to do that soon.

Saw the infomercial this morning before work.
Hubby wants one because he really likes the pressure cooker and hates the microwave.
Problem is I have no counter space. :((
Last edited by LINDA RN on November 14th, 2014, 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Nothing wrong with a convection oven, just don't know how to use them. I was really impressed with the pressure oven. I love my pressure cooker. If I don't like it, it is going back during the trial period. I had a hot pumpkin smoothie for breakfast. Of course I have to heat it up on the stovetop. Life is good.