your weekend menus

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

your weekend menus

Post by chewy »

let's get this board up and active again!! what will you be eating today?my menu:
B:fruit ,Starbucks Americano (black)
L:salad and garbanzo beans
D: raw veg,steamed veg and a big bowl if air popped popcorn!num num
omalani
Master Member

Re: your weekend menus

Post by omalani »

Yesterday was "the best of times and the worst of times" (Tale of Two Cities) The wedding was wonderful and it was such a joy to see my granddaughter marry the love of her life. They have been together since they were 16 and 17. They are both college graduates and although they both are actively seeking employment, they haven't had much luck in Oklahoma. It is sad to see them struggling but the economy is not good in this area. They plan to move to Calif. in July and though it will be difficult for the native Oklahoma relatives, I was raised in So. Calif. and it offers them both better employment opportunities. But sad to say I completely lost control and ate large amounts of sugar and flour and am suffering today. I didn't sleep well and have pain in my joints and other places. It rained and we had flooding here and down into Texas. We should have brought bathing suits!! I was drenched by the time I got to my car then missed the street I was supposed to turn on and almost got stuck in deep water in the neigborhood where I back tracked to get to the hotel. The bride and groom were stuck in a parking lot and had to be rescued by dad and uncle Dennis.
So this is my plan today:
B. Fresh fruit and herbal tea
L. Salad with garbanzo beans
D. Fruit and popcorn
I will swim and exercise in the gym under the direction of my eldest daughter.
I will not use family as my excuse to eat food that is not edifying to my body
I will ask God to forgive my lack of self control and create a clearing in my life to eat well.
Life goes on and happiness is an attitude of gratitude.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Reality check here.
"Well, when 'this or that' is eaten up, I will get back to pure LDL."
Problem was when those sweets were gone, the cravings were bad so I bought more cuz I knew hubby wanted it.
Today I have to deal with the consequences......I have returned to twoterville.
So today, I will say no and not be bothered by throwing out bad food because I did not help hubby clean it up.
I have some pretty strong withdrawls to overcome in next few days, but I have to do this.
My uniforms that used to be so loose are so tight I can barely fit in them and I refuse to buy a bigger size.
I have learned something though, if you are dealing with water retention, there is nothing better than a melon (cantelopes work as well as watermelons) to keep you running to the bathroom during the night.
I have to get as much as I can off in the next 40 days before the grandkids come to stay. They are both really skinny so will have to have more food on hand. Will have gluten free for them but I will have to resist.

Today I had steel cut oatmeal for breakfast with too much sugar (organic). Lunch was hamburger patty in gluten free cream of mushroom soup. A small serving fried potatoes and some blackeyed peas. Then the bomb.....several handfulls of leftover Easter candy. It was after that that I weighed. So now really need some long hours of fasting between meals.

Sounds like many who were successful have succomed to the familiar comfort foods.
Which is why we need to stick with this to be an example to the youngsters so their comfort foods are the good LDL recipes.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I did great for bkft. but ate a few bites of veggie omelette. Then for lunch at a Greek cafe I had a salad and a cup of white beans with fresh minced rosemary. I also had 1 triangle of pita bread dipped in the best tomato soup ever. But dinner at the Italian restaurant of eggplant parm. with steamed veggies instead of pasta. I had salad with oil and vinegar and a zucchini stick, raw veggies and ranch drsg. After dinner David ordered Ital. creme cake and apple pie ala mode and spoons for everyone so I had a few bites of each. It could have been worse. Life goes on.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Did a little better today. Managed to go until 11:30 before I was hungry. Mind you, I slept until 7:30 since I took our Anniversay day off. I did not make great choices. Ate some plain tortilla chips with cream cheese. But weight is down 3 pounds today and I am back in Onederland even barely. Got to move as far away from twoterville as I can. Was eating light since we were considering going out for breakfast lunch or dinner but looks like we will just stay home.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Eating out with the family which includes kids that don't want what is on the kids menu but regular entrees and then eat only 1/3!! :ymdevil: We had lunch at an Italian place yesterday and the kids both ordered salad with their kids entree. One ate 1/2 a salad and the other took her's home in a box. Then they only ate 1/2 of the kids entree and took leftovers home. Of course they filled up on garlic bread before the meal and salads came. They also ordered soda. What is a grandmother to do! Both kids was skinny!! 8-| They are both very active though, so they burn it off. Life seems unfair at times but is still good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

They finish the leftovers or pay you back for half the meal they did not eat.
Kids think nothing of just throwing food away since it cost them nothing.
I feel your exaserbation.
Linda

Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

GREAT!..time to get serious with the committment.. Consequences for my action??? not going to step on scale until tomorrow..OK OK...I will do it NOW....GOSH you guys are TUFF!! lol..
OK, it's just a number..no time for beating up on myself. Today is a brand new day!!
BK - coffee - creamer, mix berry smoothie
Lunch - chicken and mix veggies
Dinner - taco's on corn thins, one with a couple tbsp's of beef and others with pinto beans...I know in advance here I am going to eat a lot today...BUT!! it will be ALL LDL approved...
Gotta get out the popcorn and get that back into my routine at night now, so that'll be on hand and ready to go until I go to bed tonight...
I had company these past few days, so little bits of this and that left over in the fridge..good stuff though, and all LDL approved... so I will make a soup..and leave the junk to DH..it's time to put it back into the tub and into the pantry downstairs out of my site...seeing bright yellow and red on top of my fridge, makes me start craving stuff...not someone eating it in front of me..LOL...but just seeing the bright colors of the bags, they could even be healthy snacks too, but I see the bright colors of yellow and think Lays Potato Chips...I am sick and need help...LOL...at least that DH's response to my reason why he has to hide it from me...He'll do it though...he doesn't have any food issues, I do..so it's time to get back to doing the "work" get over the issues and get on with eating healthy and just enjoying life..

zesti
PS...veggies going in the ground today ! tomatoes, zucchini, gp, cumcumber and lots of herbs. It's going to be a busy summer, traveling away from home. I procrastined not doing this because "we won't be here to pick and water" etc, but realized that was me coming up with excuses....my flower garden is just CAR RAZE- AEEEE with flower in bloom, lillies must have split and bloomed 10 time so far, butterfly bush already 5ft tall, sunflowers...GAH_LORE!!! and doubling, all the rain we had, but thought I would loose so much because of the "exception" or out of season type winter we had..lONG AND COLD..but NOOOO!! It's just beautiful really..but they all just make me miss my veggies, ...ok done...here we go..
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good for you. Remember that a journey of 1,000 miles starts with 1 step. I am getting back on before 15 lbs. turns to 20 lbs. It takes much longer to take it off than to put it on. Today I went to the church potluck and ate salad and fruit. :ymapplause: They were serving pizza and pasta too. :-o I am tired of feeling tired and achy all over. Also I am having reflux again, every time I eat wheat and sugar! Life is better when you are kind to yourself!
Aloha,
Leilani

I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.

bingo

Post by bingo »

Hi Everyone, just clicked on and was reading your posts and I realized that I have to get back on the band wagon myself Starting in the morning ,,, I have All the symptoms you were talking about Omalini and it Has to be the breads And the Sugar that I have been consuming sooo I repent and will get back to God given Delicious foods that He has provided for us to eat ! I have even been having Headaches, !But I Know that it will All disappear when I start eating ldl again,, and I am looking Forward to it again. Bless y'all !!
:ymhug:
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am feeling better everyday. I just heard from my best friend, whose son has lung cancer and almost died. He is home from the hosp. and mom is cooking and juicing for him. She got rid of all the processed food in the house and he is doing better. For anyone who has lung disease and has a high carbon dioxide level, carbs are the worse thing you can eat. As the body metabolizes carbs, one of the byproducts is carbon dioxide. So taking if further, if you have sleep apnea and eat a lot of carbs before going to bed you are adding more carbon dioxide to your body and it will be more acidic. Acidosis, either respiratory or metabolic or both if you are a diabetic with resp. problems. Fruits and vegetables are alkaline. Even though fruits are high in carbs, they also have fiber which moves it through the GI tract faster and the body has to process them. Processed foods are already broken down so you absorb more. The fastest absorbing carbs are alcohol. They are made from grains and sugar that are highly refined and concentrated. So stick to smoothies for your mixed drinks! =)) Get high on good nutrition and living life without chemicals and preservatives. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani