Today is the day I start LDL!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Charlotte C.

Today is the day I start LDL!

Post by Charlotte C. »

Well I finally started LDL today 2/17/11. Let's see whats happens. I really want to commit to this, just hope I can abstain from drinking alcohol.
SweetRose
Master Member

Re: Today is the day I start LDL!

Post by SweetRose »

Warm Greetings Charlotte C.

Welcome to LDL! You're embarking on the best WOE program ever! You'll get plenty to eat- no portion control needed! You'll also feel healthier and more in control of your habits. One of the main things to remember is that we all lose weight at a different pace. It may be difficult but it will benefit you to stay off the scales for approximately one month. Yes, we all are wanting to see the quick drop on the scale. Just remember, you are changing on the inside. You will be getting thinner day after day. However, it doesn't always show up on the scale right away. Like Roger says, trust that this wonderful LDL program will work! You'll see that it does!

Regarding your concern about alcohol, it depends on what alcohol means to you. How important is it to you? If it's a nightly small glass of dry wine (especially red wine) for the healthful benefits, you may be able to partake in a very small glass with no weight gain. Roger said that he didn't lose as fast when he embibed, but as stated above, not all individuals are the same.You may or may not gain. And, too, you have to be aware that indulging in wine may cause strong cravings for non LDL foods and/or drinks. And remember,too, that no -sugar- added grape juice may offer the same healthy benefits of red wine.

If , on the other hand , you feel that you must have alcohol, you may have to consider this an addiction. This will require you to take a self evaluation, to decide if you need to be in contact with an organization that assists people with such addictions.

Praying for the Lord's guidance will give you strength!

I do know that you will find great support here from all of us who choose LDL as a lifetime way of eating.

Again, welcome Charlotte C.!
Last edited by SweetRose on February 17th, 2011, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SweetRose
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Charlotte, Welcome to the best way of eating.  SweetRose gave such a knowledgeable and well explained answer and advice.  We are here to help support and to receive support, and I have never been disappointed in over a year and one half.  :D  :thumbsup:  JF
witheraway1
Master Member

Post by witheraway1 »

I drink wine in the evening with no weight gain. I drink it because I enjoy it especially with dinners. A lot of people drink wine ,it has health benefits too. You can drink wine often and not have an addiction. However it may slow your weight loss down. Good luck with your weight loss, and welcome. Keep us posted as to your success.
Last edited by witheraway1 on February 17th, 2011, 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charlotte C.

Post by Charlotte C. »

Thanks everyone for all your support. Yall all have such great advice. Today is day #2. Yesterday was not bad at all. And I did not have that drink,or two, or three,LOL. Well I"m off to work wishing everyone a GREAT and BLESSED DAY.