potato

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
rocky
New, but learning

potato

Post by rocky »

hi, i posted something about 2 hours ago, but i don't see it up on the boards.
I wanted to ask about the baked potato, do you eat it with or without heavy protein?
Also, are dates and figs allowed? I thought they were not.

Thanks!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: potato

Post by LINDA RN »

Have not heard anything about dates or figs lately. Think that since they are a dried fruit, they are used with caution. Roger will sometimes eat raisens as a snack. I think you will have to be the judge. If you can eat a very small amount and be satisfied and it does not stir up cravings you may be OK. On the other hand I can eat a pound or more of Dates at a sitting so I better pass them up altogether. The potato can be eaten anytime. The thing Roger is experimenting with is will the potato make you feel full longer on the days you cannot get lean protein or when you go to a restaurant that has so many other bad choices, a baked potato is the only reasonable choice. You will just have to try it out and monitor how you feel and if it stalls or causes you any weight gain. If you loose as Roger has done, then it is OK for you. ICBINB is legal on them but again the smallest amount necessary to make it tasty.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
bingo

Post by bingo »

i HAVE A qUESTION...dOES THIS INCLUDE A SWEET POTATO ? i HAVEN`T SEEN WHETHER IT IS ALSO INCLUDED ! tHANKS
bingo

Post by bingo »

Thank you so much...I am coming back to get the rest of the weight off and this really will Help a lot !