sept 24th challenge:including corn/popcorn or not?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

sept 24th challenge:including corn/popcorn or not?

Post by chewy »

will you eat corn/popcorn or avoid for the challenge?
jencita
Master Member

Re: sept 24th challenge:including corn/popcorn or not?

Post by jencita »

I plan on eating it during the challenge because it never hindered my weight loss.  I think corn and popcorn should be individualized because it seem to affect weight loss in different people different ways.  I especially have to include it at the beginning because it is a filler for me.
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

I'm leaving that up to the individual.  Personally, it really hinders my weight loss, so I'm not eating it.  The main thing about the challenge is to be serious about it and follow the LDL plan in its original form.  We'll just be sharing with each other what works for us and it could cause some to try different things that might make the plan fit their lifestyles better or help them lose better.  One week away!! Can't wait!!  *woot*
tprouty
Master Member

Post by tprouty »

I'm keeping it in my plan because I find corn very satisfying instead of breads -- either corn kernels or popcorn. It hasn't seemed to be a problem in the past. Good question, though. I remember several people, including Crick, who seem to have more of a sensitivity to it. That's just one thing I love about LDL -- you can tweak it so it fits your likes and dislikes, sensitivities, schedules, and every occasion.

I'm enjoying getting back to a serious focus on LDL.

Thank you, Crick
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

Chewy, I've never been slowed in losing weight by eating corn thins, corn, or popcorn.  Some days, I don't even want them, and then again, on other days, I enjoy them.  When I lost my 60 lbs in seven months, I had popcorn every evening, and I probably ate at least 4 or 5 corn thins with my soup.  I never get out of corn thins.  I carry them with me to Mexican and to other restaurants,.  Every person has to find what suits his/her body. The reason that I like LDL is that it is not deprivation.  Thanks, Roger, for writing out the wonderful plan in a book called, "Let's Do Lunch."  I hope how soon you can return to the boards.  Also, Little Mary, thanks for your delicious recipes, and  to all the others who have given so much help, we are grateful. *hug* :thumbsup:  JF
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Yes, some people don't seem to have a problem with corn.  That being said, make sure that you find out if you are like me -- and don't lose when eating corn -- or like Terri and Wanda and others who it doesn't mess at all with their weight loss.  I was thankful that I didn't follow one part of the LDL way and that is weighing once a month.  I know that had I weighed only once a month, I'd have eaten popcorn every day and after one month I wouldn't have lost weight -- I'd have been very discouraged and I'd have thought that LDL just wasn't for me.  Now that I know how my body is, I could go a month without weighing.  But I would recommend that until you find out what foods work for you, maybe step on the scaled at least once a week.  That is another area where people are different.  I seem to like to step on the scale as part of my morning routine and this keeps me on my toes.  Others do better to not get on the scale except once a month.  Now, during this test run, I have got to admit, I have been a very good girl.  I am not weighing until Thursday -- 2 more days.  I will have waited a little over 2 weeks to weigh.  When I was tempted a couple of times to step on that scale, I thought, "I want to be surprised!"  Now, I surely do hope I have a good surprise on Thursday!! I have been eating really well the LDL way and I've been good about walking a lot. 

Once Seriously LDL starts, I'm thinking we should weigh once a week and report weight loss on Mondays, if possible.  That'll make it something that we can look forward to once a week. 
Joyful Friend
Master Member

Post by Joyful Friend »

I weigh every morning, now, but when I started LDL, I weighed once a week.  It's a wonderful way to eat, and it is great staying the same weight, and enjoying God's bountiful garden.  I just got back from exercise.  It makes me feel so great, but it is NOT required for weight loss.  I'm now watching Dr. Oz.  It is an amazing program. It sounds a lot like LDL. There are so many different diets.  I'm so glad that LDL is a WOE for life.  I never think about it much, until at least once a week, I have someone to ask if I'm still on the diet?  I explain that it is what I plan to do the rest of my life.  It's freedom for me.  I played dominoes with my lady friends this morning, and some were talking about how much weight they had gained.  I laughed and said, I'm wearing the Levis I bought 3 yrs ago.  So grateful to God for allowing me to do that with LDL delicious foods. One lady said that I had good discipline, but it's because I don't have to go hungry.  I like to eat a lot of  and a variety of food. :thumbsup: *hug*  JF
tres

Post by tres »

I'm having a hard time eating corn, brainwashing from a previous diet.  I did have popcorn with my salad for lunch...felt like I was cheating the whole time! 

Thank you gals that have found real success and yet keep posting on the boards day after day.  I'm sure there are many lurkers that find you a lifeline.  Since I'm not lurking anymore....I can speak for them.

Tres
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Tres, your post reminded me of how it was when I started LDL.  I had done South Beach as my last "diet" and they really limit fruit -- none at first and then a little afterward.  I used to feel like I was cheating when I ate all that fruit on LDL.  Oh, I was in heaven, though!!  *love*  I love LDL's way of eating!  No deprivation!  Such wonderful flavors and colors and such satisfaction!  I so agree with Roger, thank our Lord Jesus Christ and our Father in Heaven for the bountiful feast we have on LDL.
lindawell8
New, but learning

Post by lindawell8 »

My name is Linda and I would like to join the Sept. 24th challenge, how do I do that? :blink:
Have a really wonderful and blessed LDL [i]day.   Linda (Boots) Weller                           
chewy

Post by chewy »

welcome linda!
jsprik
Master Member

Post by jsprik »

Welcome Linda!!

I lost close to 40 pounds my first go around on LDL and I ate popcorn almost everyday sometimes more than once! :) So I will be eating popcorn and grapes, and watermelon and....oh, sorry got a little carried away! I'm a little excited! ;)

Blessings
Jo
Last edited by jsprik on September 19th, 2012, 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

look me up on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JoannaReneeSprik
my blog: http://foodgurly.com
jjelli

Post by jjelli »

Glad to have you Linda      :thumbsup:    jj
cameron
Master Member

Post by cameron »

Welcome Linda, Crick will add you to the list, and there will be lots of help and guidance along the way.

I am fortunate in that I only had 25 pounds to lose when I started 2 1/2 years ago. My weight came off very slowly, but once it was off, it was very easy to maintain my weight.

All the best to you.
tres

Post by tres »

Welcome Linda, I'm new as well. 
If you are what you eat...then I'm a fruit!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome Linda, now there are 2 of us!!!

To Linda and Tres, and any others who are new or lurking, may I invite you to "Get to know you" by going to a thread Witheraway started, and tell us what part of the county you are from or living, how much you want to loose, or other plans and trials you have had in trying to control your weight.

Click here:  http://boards.letsdolunch.com/boards/in ... ic=10440.0

Looking forward to sharing this journey with you and getting to know you better.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...