fruit and candida

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
rhernan216

Re: fruit and candida

Post by rhernan216 »

the Female body is truly a work of art from our heavenly father...having mostly all girls we discovered they are susceptible to infections when they take antibiotics...to combat this naturally... we feed them lots of YOGURT. It works and they can finish their meds as prescribed. just adding my .02 worth and i love the boards because we learn so much. This advice came from our family doctor after we had explained to him that the girsl had problems with the meds.
rh
Richard Hernandez
Tori

Post by Tori »

You are exactly right! The only time I have ever had an issue like this was when I was on antibiotics as well. My doctor told me the same thing ... lots of yogurt! Really kind of amazing how different foods work with our bodies ... men and women alike.
niki

Post by niki »

hi you guys...just so you know,you CAN take acidophilus instead of eating yogurt..or you can take it to supplement the yogurt you're eating....say,on the days you don't add yogurt to your smoothies.....acidophilus is the bacteria that you get from live yogurt cultures....so you get the same results by taking them in a capsule....they are some of the bacteria present normally in the large intestine that are destroyed when you take antibiotics...............niki 
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

we also have noticed by all of us eating a little yogurt too that our digestive systems are much healthier. we raise show steers and they developed "scours"...we tried all kinds of things...stop their feed , increased their hay and then we thought about it and tried yogurt. it worked. the steers digestive system was out of balance and needed a little boost. amazing isn't it? All Of GOd's creatures are AMAZING !!!!
Richard Hernandez
Ginny M.
Master Member

Post by Ginny M. »

I was checking out the posts on Candida and found this note about the yogurt and cows.  Just wanted to throw this out there, our dog had a bad gas problem (especially if he had anything "white" like bread, pasta, etc.).  We finally tried DanActive and Activia Yogurt.  A 4-oz. container a day worked wonders and he thinks it's ice cream.  He even voices us when it's time and we forget (he doesn't  ;D ).  I finally broke down and started a 4-oz. container a day for gas (even when I didn't eat beans at all) and Beano and many other things I tried didn't work.  I really haven't lost anything since last November so I am now doing a Candida Clear.  It's a program for 14 days of herbal pills and diet (I've picked out the LDL approved parts) and am hoping this will get my weight loss going.

*hug*
Ginny
crickadoodle
Master Member

Post by crickadoodle »

Hi, Roger, I just noticed that these original posts were from 2006, so Martha might not be on the boards anymore.  I did have someone mention this problem to me just last week.  She is doing LDL, but has this same problem and her doctor told her that certain fruits make it worse -- like watermelon, which is what she'd been eating the most of.  She's still doing LDL, but with different fruit.
hopefull

Post by hopefull »

Martha, Welcome to LDL.
I did not experience hunger all the time when I started this WOE. However after eating this way for a year and loosing 39# I took a trip to Japan. Was gone from home 4 weeks. I stayed as close to LDL as I could while I was gone but that ended up being not too close. *woot* Anyway, when I got home and back on my LDL foods (Boy had I missed all the good fruit and veggies) I seemed to be hungry non stop. I did as the plan says. Ate till full every time I was hungry of all the great healthy foods. This lasted 3-4 weeks. I was wondering what was going on and would I be hungry like this forever. I watched my wieght and it did not go up. Sure enough, one morning I woke up and not hungry at all. The constant hunger went away! Guess my body had to catch up with all the good eating I had missed.
Anyway that said, trust your body.
hugs and the best,
Bobbi