flaxseed

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
jeterfan2
New, but learning

flaxseed

Post by jeterfan2 »

Is it ok to use flaxseed?
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Re: flaxseed

Post by MsHeirloom »

Seeds and nuts are not recommended on LDL. Sorry.
Pam
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Flaxseed, although healthy, is a high caloric food that may adversely affect your weight loss.
Save it for when you reach goal, then see how adding it in affects your weight
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
jeterfan2
New, but learning

Post by jeterfan2 »

Thanks for the helpful info.
chewy

Post by chewy »

NO nuts and seeds at all on LDL ,right?
Zesti
Master Member

Post by Zesti »

Ladies, I SO agree with all of you..
The book says No nuts of any kind...wtih the expection of soy nuts or dried edamme beans.I got to using "just alittle bit" here and there. Started with flax, gosh, it's just so healthy. Then added sunflower seeds to salads. At home they were always raw and unsalted. But, then in resturants they weren't and it became..just a little bit..and had I stayed with the "just a little bit" I might have been ok. I added the seeds and nuts to things that I didn't add my evoo too..
Now I am paying the price. It's not just the seeds and nuts themselves, it's the thinking that goes along with them. It opens doors that I just am trying to keep closed or re-train anyway....
I am still a newbie here. It's to early on to start playing games with this program..Especially, because I know when I stick to it, I have so much more energy and feel so much more "better"..and the weight comes off.
I am not giving up though. I am back on the skinny bound train...
Maybe, just maybe I can be like Roger. AFTER all the weight is off. I will be able to experiment with other things to see what they will and won't do/to or for me..like he did with potatoes, but that is way WAY in my future. For now, I have to K.I.S.S ( keep it simple sista!)
:ymhug: :ymhug:

Zesti
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Good advice and I totally agree with you. It was that way with me too. I need to buy a new book if I don't find mine when I pack up and move next week. I will be so happy to have my own kitchen. My diet has been mainly popcorn and fruit with a salad and meat or beans at lunch, my big meal. I am losing slowly again. "One"derland here I come.
chewy

Post by chewy »

no flaxseed for me!!am very allergic !!scary