stale popcorn love

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

stale popcorn love

Post by chewy »

i am weird i know!!i love popping air popped popcorn and then saving it in tupperware to eat days later. it gets a better chewy texture and also the flavour becomes even more delicious!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: stale popcorn love

Post by LINDA RN »

Popcorn never stays around long enough near me to get stale, LOL
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Me too Linda! LOLOL!

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by Bethesda »

My favourite is twice cooked popcorn. It is twice as nice. First I airpop the corn in my gadget, then I spray with EVOO and bake on high for a few minutes watching closely. Then I spray with a little bit more of the EVOO and sprinkle with vege salt. yummo
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

That sounds yummy, Bethesda. Bet it gives the popcorn an extra crunch.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I am going to try this! :YMAPPLAUSE: Instead of making 1 batch at a time, I'll make some to store, then bake them as I need them. Chewy, do you flavor them as you make it or when you bake it? Can you add cinnamon and sweet flavoring instead of salt? Can you use popcorn to make trail mix with, for traveling? Just call me wonder woman, because I am wondering about all these things. 8-}
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

I just found this again and I am still cooking a large batch of popcorn so I have plenty to make popcorn flour and some to recook in the microwave. Sometimes I will throw in some of my own roasted soy beans as well and that crunches them up as well. A few raisins and I guess you can call it trail mix but I think it would get stale again if you go trecking. (SP?)
Bethesda

Post by Bethesda »

I am back again. I stopped using my popcorn machine and I now do all my popping in a brown paper bag in the microwave. It is so much nicer.
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

2/9/16
Welcome back to the boards. We missed you. I am in Playa Del Carmen Mexico and enjoying spring temps. This is the coolest it has been at 65 degrees, but I am very comfortable. I went swimming a few times but have been enjoying being around my brother. I love him dearly and he is fun to be around. I am accepted into their circle of friends and taking water color classes. I amaze myself at the things I can do when I try! I haven't been sitting around watching TV but reading out on the patio or practicing the things I have learned in my classes. Life is good :x
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

chewy

Post by chewy »

hi omalani!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Going home tomorrow with more than I came with, even after leave some thing here. I am going to make some changes in my life when I get back. I am setting new goals. First, I am learning to speak Spanish. Life is expanding your awareness not shrinking into self. I discovered Portabella mushrooms and plan to roast the, cut them into strips and make mushroom fajitas. I will put a southwest marinade on them before roasting. I love mexican food!!
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

I dearly love popcorn, stale or otherwise. I perhaps eat too much of it at times?

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Glad to hear that because I add spray EVOO plus canned parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper.

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

You're right, popcorn does taste good without the parmesan. I do keep the parmesan cheese on hand- lost quite a bit last time while using it liberally- but I have cut down.

SweetRose7
SweetRose7