quick and easy

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
diane44

quick and easy

Post by diane44 »

Hi. I am in my second week now and so far so good. I havent strayed from the plan but now Im looking for quick and easy variety recipes. I have eaten a lot of bean soup and smoothies but need some chicken.
LisaH

Re: quick and easy

Post by LisaH »

I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes with you.  I make a lemon chicken that my whole family loves.  I take chicken breasts (with all fat removed) and put them in a skillet with a little olive oil.  I squeeze lots of fresh lemon juice on both sides.  I then sprinkle lots of lemon pepper on both sides.  I cook until done (no pink).  It is really good and super easy.....Hope this helps!  LisaH :)
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

I love to buy the skinless chicken tenderloins and cook them in a skillet with a little olive oil...when they are all white and cooked, drain the fat...then throw in some sliced bell peppers, onions and tomatoes, salt & pepper and saute for a few minutes until all veggies are tender...i can eat a bowl full of this.

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

hey richard..try adding some chick peas or cooked soybeans to that............niki
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

The cranberry/orange chicken recipe in the book is excellent.

Patty
grammylaurie
New, but learning

Post by grammylaurie »

Hi Everyone.......
One thing that I like that is easy is to cook boneless/skinless chicken in a skillet with olive oil and a spoon of garlic (out of a jar) when chicken is done take it out and shred. To the skillet I add onion/yellow bell peppers/summer squash. When the veggies are almost done I put the chicken back in. To me this taste great. I love to have this left over and heated back up for lunch.  The only problem is I have to make a lot of it, or my husband beats me to the leftovers. I guess that is a good thing for his if he wins. 
Enjoy
Praise God for LDL
Laurie (thinner @ Christmas ... only 136 days)