lunch is too fast

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
diane44

lunch is too fast

Post by diane44 »

whats quick for lunch when there is a time limit?
nyKath

Re: lunch is too fast

Post by nyKath »

Soup that you've made yourself in a freezer container and some premade salad, your own or purchased, dressing on the side or no dressing at all if you just want to toss your soup ONTO your salad like I like to do. 1-2-3 Bon Appetit! :) nyKath
niki

Post by niki »

hi diane...i would say the fastest thing is a salad with protein(chicken or fish or shrimp)...if you have time to heat up a little soup,that would work too..............niki 
imkay

Post by imkay »

a quick soup that i make is the black bean soup mexican style.  listed on these boards.  everything is in a can.  black beans, refried beans, salsa, chicken stock and i use a can of chicken.  open the cans, put in pot and heat.  yum!! i always double this and keep in the fridge or freezer.  ALWAYS have soup on hand like niki and mary said.  makes it very easy to stay on track!
it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

I always keep a stock of Rogers LDL burgers cooked and in a Zip Loc bag all i have to do is heat, crumble on a salad. . .Voila!!

you can make the meatloaf too and it works just as well crumbled on a salad or crumbled into some soup.

rh
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

i like to keep cooked stuff like that in the freezer too...meatballs..chicken breasts...when i buy stuff and cook it without having frozen it,i'll make a LOT and freeze a bag of it...............
  that really works to help always having a potential meal handy....................niki     
PattyCakes

Post by PattyCakes »

I'm a big user of the recipes in the book, adding to those from time to time from the board. I haven't found a thing yet that doesn't feeze good. Lasagna is one of my favs. The recipe in the book makes a 9 x 13, that's a good 8 servings for me.

Like Mary, I often cook several things and freeze for future use. I also keep fresh fruit salad in the fridge at all times. Makes it easy to grab on the run, package for lunch, etc.

Patty