Corn Thins

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Re: Corn Thins

Post by Aspentroll »

8)  Yayy......I found a store with Corn Thins.  Away up north in Alberta, Canada, just west of the woods I live in and not far from the North Pole.  ;D  I intend to lay a piece of no?  fat cheese on one and try them out.  Now if I could just find some "not" peanut butter to slather on them, too.  Oh well one thing at a time I guess.

Aspentroll  8)
OBBOSS

Post by OBBOSS »

A number of Whole Food stores carry corn thins.
Their website is WWW.wholefoods.com
1)Use store locations to locate a store near you. (make a  note of the stores.)
2)use search a,d search for corn thins. You will get a list of all stores carrying corn thins. Scroll through the list for store names you've noted above. Locate the ones showing real foods original corn thins.

Good Luck
Tim O'Brien
niki

Post by niki »

aspentroll...if you have trouble finding soynut butter,try putting soynuts in the food processor until you get a paste consistency...i've been meaning to do that because i didn't want to spend $5 for a jar of soynut butter(especially not knowing if i would like it)........niki 
nyKath

Post by nyKath »

Hey Niki...I'm one of those who loves soy nuts in all forms but found the IM Healthy soy nut butter to be truly awful! I may try giving them a grind in my food processor as well! The soy butter - to me! - has a nasty aftertaste and it's just too pasty. Doesn't taste anything like a mouthful of the actual nuts does. Power to those that can stand the packaged stuff, but it wasn't for me. :(  NYKath
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to tell you.  If any of you have a Publix near you they will order them for you.  Mine should be here this week!  YAY!!!
;D

(In Faith)  Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by niki »

i don't understand how that can be...when i put a bunch of soynuts in my mouth,i can kind of imagine what i expect the soynut butter to taste like...i can't understand that it doesn't taste that good.....i have to get a chance to make some...i have a mini food prcessor...it'll be so easy to make a small amount..........i'll let you know....niki   
DEBBIEWEBE

Post by DEBBIEWEBE »

Kath and Niki,
I always buy the IM Healthy one with honey in it.....I Just consider it the least fattening version that I can STAND TO EAT....(rogers words) and decided it must be healthier than peanut butter even with the honey in it. We only eat it with bananas on top of the nut butter on a corn crisp though so I cant honestly say Ive eaten it alone, I imagine it wouldnt be that great. 
GOD BLESS
Debbie
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

Niki:  Do you get peanut butter consistency without adding olive (evo)oil ?  I have found that soy nuts are pretty dry when you eat them out of hand .  Do you add oil?

Aspentroll  :)
niki

Post by niki »

i haven't made it yet.....to tell you the truth,i'm perfectly happy eating popcorn,soynuts and roasted chick peas...i guess i'm a boring person.......when i do it,i'll let you know...............niki   
robnveronica
Master Member

Post by robnveronica »

Hubby and I tried last night with a little water for the pasty consistency, but didn't like the way it tasted. I have however put the soy nuts on the top of a salad and loved it!
Queenie
Administrator

Post by Queenie »

I know that with regular or "natural" peanut butter you must use oil, so I would imagine that you would have to do it with soy nuts also.  But, yes, I would use the olive oil - probably the "light" olive oil.  You may also have to use some salt, but that would be a "taste and see" thing.

Carolyn
My Weight Loss ProgressImage

John's Weight Loss ProgressImage

[b][i]"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step."
Aspentroll
New, but learning

Post by Aspentroll »

Thanx, everyone,  for your reponse.  I will try it and let you know.

Aspentroll.  :)
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Aspentroll,

Send me an email with your address and I'll ship you some soynut butter.  It's VERY convenient for me to pick it up when I go to the store.  I just bought a jar of the IM Healthy without added sugar.  I like it just fine.  I had some on a spoon with some raisins last night.  YUMMY!!  You can at least get a taste of it from one jar and if you like it you can order some more.    :)

Post by niki »

Aspentroll wrote:Niki:  Do you get peanut butter consistency without adding olive (evo)oil ?  I have found that soy nuts are pretty dry when you eat them out of hand .  Do you add oil?

Aspentroll  :)

i finally did this myself in my little food processor....i have a small one my brother bought me years ago(he loves gadgets...he also bought me my braun hand mixer)...i use it all the time to ground up small amounts...i would never have bought that for myself,but if it ever broke,i would replace it.....i realized as i watched it ground down,that it was not going to become a paste...so i added a little oil....i really couldn't stand to put olive oil in it(ALTHOUGH,olive oil not exposed to high temperatures is even healthier than  when it's heated)...i know that they make peanut butter that has no oil in it....i also remembered that im healthy soynut butter has oil in it.....so THEN,i realized that it was because nuts have fat in them and soybeans don't that you need to add oil.....
  if i had bananas in the house that were not frozen,i would have experimented to see what would happen if i added some banana instead of the oil........the next time i buy bananas,i'm going to try that....i'm also going to try putting roasted chick peas in the food processor to see what happens.....................niki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

niki,

I gotta tell ya.  You and Little Mary's brains amaze me.  LOL  Let us know how the banana thing works out.  It actually sounds like it might be good.