About this veggie cheese

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

About this veggie cheese

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi all.  I have a question about the veggie cheese.  I know that regular cheese is a no no on a regular basis because it is dairy.  Is the veggie cheese okay or not? 

I tried the veggie mozzarella cheese today and I REALLY liked it.  ;D  I am so surprised by this.  HaHa.  So, I was just wondering how often it is okay to eat it.  Thanks for any help here.

(In Faith) Little Princess
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Re: About this veggie cheese

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Mary,

Thanks so much for the advice.  I've already thrown the outer wrapper away so I'm not sure what the entire ingredients list is.  However, I did get the cheese in the organic section and I do remember that the first three or four ingredients were soy.  These ARE however the slices so have I messed up? 

I didn't see any other type of veggie cheeses here.  There are many flavors from what I saw.  Cheddar, Jalapeno etc.  I picked the mozzarella because of your pizza soup recipe.  I'll look on the ingredients list tonight when I go to the grocery store. 

I'm really hoping this cheese is acceptable as I LOVE cheese, but I don't want to eat something that is going to keep me from losing weight.  Thank you for your help, your recipes and for being such an inspiration to me.  ;D

(In Faith) Little Princess

Post by nyKath »

Hi there, Li'l P! There are several brands of soy cheese available. Check any and all stores when you're out there to see what's available where, and check the different departments of the various stores to search for it, too. You might find different ones in gourmet markets/garden centers, or just in with the fresh veggie and tofu section of your food store, or even in the health food/organic sections of your food store. Or even in the dairy section! And of course there are the health food stores far and wide, too. Keep your eyes peeled and give them all a try (checking for rice and potato flours and sugars, etc. on the labels, natch....) to see what's most tasty. Good luck!
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Roger,

Thank you so much for the info.  The veggie cheese is the brand I purchased so I'm good.  ;D 

I also have one more question that I am majorly confused about.  In the book it says do NOT eat fruit between meals.  I have been eating frozen grapes about 3:00 every afternoon at work.  This is break time and everyone around me is eating chocolate or other fattening goodies.  I take my frozen grapes and have them instead of the sugary snacks.  Is this something I need to stop? 

If anyone else has any advice on this I'm all ears. 

(In Faith)  Little Princess

Post by LittlePrincess »

Hi Little Mary and Roger,

I wanted you to know that when I read Rogers last post it literally brought tears to my eyes.  You see, I was secretly terrified that I wouldn't be able to stay on LDL long term because I couldn't see myself living without two things, cheese and pizza.  I also didn't know how I was going to squelch my chocolate cravings if I couldn't have fruit in the afternoons.

Roger, you saying "for the rest of your life!" REALLY hit home for me.  Today was my first day on LDL with no cheating and no excuses!

Little Mary, I came home tonight and had my own version of your Pizzas.  I used the portabello mushrooms and scooped the insides out.  I rubbed olive oil on them and baked them for a few minutes in the oven.  I then took them out and added tomato paste and oregano.  Then topped them with black beans, cooked spinach and veggie cheese.  I just finished them and they were ABSOLUTELY delicious!!!!  They totally and completely satisfied my pizza craving.  The cheese was stringy and just yummy yummy yummy.  I'm going to eat my plum in a few and I will feel completely satisfied.

Roger, I praise God that he sent word of your success to me.  Little Mary, I praise God that you are so interested in creating new and delicious recipes for everyone here as well as LDL'ers all over the world.  God is using you both in might might ways. 

I am so looking forward to the day I can report weight loss and success.  For the first time in my life I not only believe I can do this, I KNOW I WILL do this!  Praise God for loving us all enough to show us the truth about our eating and a way out of the hell that is obesity.