how much beans and corn/corn thins/popcorn do you eat daily?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

how much beans and corn/corn thins/popcorn do you eat daily?

Post by chewy »

just curious what amounts of beans,corn/popcorn/corn thins other people on LDL eat daily. i am a vegan LDL follower so eat about 1/2 cup of beans daily along with a HUGE bowl of air popped popcorn . the rest of my foods are vegetables raw and steamed and fruit.pretty simple. very satiating.
omalani
Master Member

Re: how much beans and corn/corn thins/popcorn do you eat da

Post by omalani »

I need to quit making excuses and go for it. I have corn thins daily and I am going to add more popcorn. I cook a variety of beans as well. I eat at least 1/2 cup of beans daily. Thanks for the encouragement.
chewy

Post by chewy »

thought i'd pop this post to the top to see if any more people reply. happy monday LDL followers!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have had trouble getting corn thins so I eat rye crisps instead. I have also gone back to eating meat 3 or 4 times a week so I can no longer call myself a vegetarian. Old habits are hard to replace. I saw a good recipe for tofu on the Chew today and started thinking that my blood sugars were so much better when I was eating vegetarian. I need to recommit myself to working toward the vegan life style. Do you eat oatmeal or grains other than wheat? I do add corn to my diet daily so I do get grains. I don't know how to replace the eggs and cheese in my diet as I am quite addicted to them as well. Breakfast is the hardest meal for me as I feel I should be eating some protein with my fruit. What is your favorite breakfast? Life is good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Speaking of corn thins- are they thinner now? I hadn't bought any in a while, so when I went back to good ol' LDL eating I ordered them - same brand and original- but thought they looked thinner than usual. Maybe it's because I'm comparing them to rice cakes that are thicker?

SweetRose7
SweetRose7