Pasta and Rice

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
mtngirl

Pasta and Rice

Post by mtngirl »

Hi Everyone,

I have been going back in the journal section and reading posts from 2008. So many wonderful ideas and menu suggestions.

But what is Dreamfield's Pasta and what brand is dark brown rice?

Thanks for any help.
Mtngirl
omalani
Master Member

Re: Pasta and Rice

Post by omalani »

I love cauliflower rice and thin sliced veggies for pasta. My life is so much simpler now and I like it that way. I had a tip on some new low cost apt. and I am excited about the possibilites that are open to me now. Life is open to new possibilities .
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Post by LittlePrincess »

mtngirl,

Dreamfields is some sort of pasta made from rice and other things I believe. I've not heard good things about it. LOL! If you feel you have to eat pasta, and believe me I get it, then I recommend Mrs. Leepers original. It is nothing but corn and water. When I lost 85 pounds before on LDL I ate this twice a month. I always had it on the 1st and 15th. LOL! I did that only so I would never be confused as to how many times I had it. It never stalled my loss and it didn't make my blood sugar spike like regular pasta does. I wouldn't recommend eating it more than twice a month, but it was good and is the closest thing to the taste of regular pasta that I have ever eaten.

That being said, I am recommitting to LDL again and this time I will probably eat much less of even the corn pasta as I'm now moving more and more to eating whole foods. The more one ingredient foods I can consume, the healthier and happier I believe I am going to be. We all have to find our own path, but I have come to believe that LDL in it's purest form is the best for me. Hope this helps. :)

Blessed and Loved,
LP
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by SweetRose7 »

Hi LittlePrincess!

Are you still on LDL? I just came back and have started January 1.

I was interested in the corn pasta you talked about. I want to see if I can order it here in England. I'll do what you did and make it a treat twice a month. I think I have bought corn penne- like macaroni in recent weeks. I'll check the ingredients in that, too!

Hope you're doing well!

SweetRose7
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

I'll look for that on Amazon Roger. Don't know if I can find no-yoke noodles in grocery stores here. If I have a twice- a- month pasta craving I do use Dreamfields. The pasta is tasty- can't tell it from regular- and does not leave you with a bloated feeling after eating. I was just asking about the corn pasta since we are allowed corn products. But to go hog-wild on any of this stuff would result in a setback for me. I figure that a nice portion of Dreamfields does me no harm if I limit it to twice a month only. Angel hair is my favourite, but the spirals and penne are good, too. I just received a box of DF's lasagne noodles through Amazon that I will try next time.

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7