what is always on your shopping list?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

what is always on your shopping list?

Post by chewy »

what are your shopping list favourite foods?mine are
fruits-apples,frozen blueberries
cans of eden no salt beans-chickpeas,kidney beans
salad mix greens,carrots,broccoli,snap peas,tomatoes,cucumbers,frozen peas,mixed broccoli slaw,red peppers
winter squash
organic popping corn
omalani
Master Member

Re: what is always on your shopping list?

Post by omalani »

I buy some canned beans for quick meals but buy mostly dried beans and cook them in my pressure cooker. It only takes 20 min. but I have to let them cool and bag them up to put in the freezer. I do buy pre-made hummus and use that a lot on my rye crisps and corn thins. I made stuffed eggs this morning. I use a dab of mayo, a dab of mustard and a rounded tsp. of hummus with a little juice from the no added sugar bread and butter pickles. I love them and feel like I am cheating, but I am not. I don't make more than 1 or 2 eggs though because I can't be trusted. I went back to eating eggs, cheese and occasionally meat. I guess I need to quit making excuses and go vegan. I love all fruits and veggies so it would be as enjoyable. I know that getting off the wheat was easier than I thought. Now I don't even crave it, but around Thanksgiving I am tempted by the stuffing or dressing. Does anyone have a veggie substitute?? I do have a squash and corn casserole that is good. maybe if I diced the squash it would be a little like dressing. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. :x I guess because I have loved food all my life. Anyway, I am taking some things with me to the Thanksgiving dinner so I will have some filling LDL foods. Life is abundant.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

I purchased a big bad of organic, non-GMO corn meal from Amazon.
I can make occasional cornbread from that without any flour. But it is pretty coarse.
Lately I have added a tiny bit of gluten-free flour to it to fluff it up a bit.
Family have gotten used to the courser bread, and when I found an old bag of Shawnee's Best Cornbread mix and used it up, no one liked it because it was too fine and soft.
Anywho, I used the organic, non-GMO corn meal to make my cornbread stuffing and it is really good.
For the occasional holiday treat, it is at least gluten-free. Not something you can eat on a weekly basis and expect to loose weight. I'm sure not willing to try anyway!
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I unfortunately ate the stuffing on Thanksgiving and am battling the cravings again. On my birthday we went to a Chinese buffet and again I ate too much. My blood sugar the next morning was 163, and it is a reminder that I can't indulge in Chinese because it spikes my sugars. It's funny because I can eat Korean food without the spikes. However I must stay away from buffets in the future. Life has its ups and downs.