what's on your menu today?

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

what's on your menu today?

Post by chewy »

hope everyone has a happy friday!
today my menu is :
B fruit and raw greens(cucumber,celery,salad greens)
L:salad,steamed vegetables,chickpeas
D: more salad ,air popped popcorn
omalani
Master Member

Re: what's on your menu today?

Post by omalani »

Chewy, do you stuff your celery with hummus? Have you ever made a veggie cheese spread? Do you eat tofu? I think I will try some veggies for breakfast. Do you ever eat scrambled tofu for breakfast? Just some more things I am wondering about. It is hard for me to be a vegan, as I am addicted to eggs, cheese and meat. However a strictly plant based diet is the best for diabetics. Processed foods are the worst things I can put in my body, but old habits are so hard to break. Life is challenging.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

chewy

Post by chewy »

sorry to be so tardy with a reply omalani! i do not eat tofu or soy .just beans -chickpeas,kidney beans,cannelini beans,green peas are my favourites.as a vegan ,LDL suits me well eating all the vegetables,fruit and beans ,salsa .i am not a cook at all and like meals to be quick and simple. steamed vegetables,salads,with beans and a fresh salsa popped on top. baked winter squash. that is my style!!
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Sounds quick and easy. Do you eat corn thins or rye crisps. I saw a recipe for green pea hummus with mint that I would like to try on my rye crisps. I will put it on the recipe board it it is as tasty as it looks. Life springs forth!
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11