Quinoa

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
nurse74
New, but learning

Quinoa

Post by nurse74 »

Hi. I've been off the board for a couple of years, and was wondering about quinoa. It's not a grain, but a seed. Not looking to eat it all the time, but I've noticed a lot of the healthy options contain it.
What is LDL opinion of it?
Thanks!
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Quinoa

Post by LINDA RN »

Welcome back Nurse74.

Generally seeds are avoided on LDL. But most of us have come to realize that there are some general guidelinesbut you have to pay attention to your own body. For example some have found fruit in excess causes acweight stall while others have to limit beans. Quinoa may be OK for you on occassion, but if you find you are eating more and more then it is likely stirring up cravings and especially cut it out if you are gaining.

Do tell us about yourself. Everyone benefits from other's journey.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
nurse74
New, but learning

Post by nurse74 »

Thank you! I will. It's just that I've noticed a lot of salads (pre made)contain a small amount of it. I will definitely watch and pay attention to how it affects me.
-Michele
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Michele- Good to have you here with us and doing LDL! Let us know if we can help in any way.
Pam
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

I have been struggling and eating things I shouldn't. However I am on the way down again and did very well on my first vacation day. I had to clean out the frige and took 3 boiled eggs, hummus. a container of yogurt and several bottles of water. (frozen over night) I also had some black bean and corn chili in a microwave cup with vented lid. I took a pack of rye crisps as well. We stopped at Subway and the kids got sammies. I ordered a tuna chopped salad but told her I didn't want it chopped. She made it in the bowl. I started with lots of spinach and a little lettuce. Then I had her put sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper strips, black olives and lots of onions. They had their subs and I put the tuna on 3 rye crisps, topped them with onions, pepper and a little shredded lettuce. It was delish. I felt blessed and satisfied. For early dinner I had 3 rye crisps with hummus, tomato and cucumber slices onions, peppers, lettuce. I had some popcorn for a snack earlier,sort of breakfast. Anyway the point is I did not feel deprived. We had fun on our road trip and saw so much beautiful scenery. It's a wonderful life.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Keep up the good work, Oma. have a great vacation!
Pam