vegan LDL question for Little Mary -no need for nuts/seeds a

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
chewy

vegan LDL question for Little Mary -no need for nuts/seeds a

Post by chewy »

hi i am longtime vegan LDL follower -am i correct that i do not and never will need to eat nuts/seeds like flaxseed for omega 3s?i eat lots of raw and steamed vegetables,fruit,beans and of course popcorn,corn thins.
omalani
Master Member

Re: vegan LDL question for Little Mary -no need for nuts/see

Post by omalani »

The vegan food pyramid includes nuts and seeds at the top in small amounts. Just as LDL includes occasional and small amounts of dairy, Almonds are the nuts with the highest protein and the least fat. Grains like oats and quinoa are also high in protein. Basically if they don't cause cravings or weight gains fr you it is OK. We are all made unique and God will guide you. Life is very good.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: vegan LDL question for Little Mary -no need for nuts/see

Post by LINDA RN »

Chewy,
Last time you posted, you were very slim. The nuts and seeds are fine for you. Roger's plan that eliminated nuts and seeds were for himself who initially had over 200 pounds to loose. Many who come to LDL have 100 or more pounds to loose and struggle with cravings so severely limiting nuts and seeds helps with a more rapid weight loss.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...