Ketones??

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
ZsaZsa

Ketones??

Post by ZsaZsa »

HI All, Haven't been here in a bit...I have started my DD on this program and her carbs have been very low...she has trace ketones in her urine...is this a normal process. She needs to loose about 60lbs. In the past, she's always tested Neg on the ketone test.Thanks!

HAPPY BLESSED EASTER :-)
ZsaZsa

Re: Ketones??

Post by ZsaZsa »

Her ped has approved a low carb diet.
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

I can't see any reason for your daughter to be in ketosis on this way of eating. There are plenty of healthy carbs in the fruits, vegetables, and beans. Check with her doctor.
Happy Easter. I hope she can lose the unwanted and undesirable weight.

Pam
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Eating too much animal protein can cause acidosis and is hard on the kidneys. Eat more fruits and veggies and legumes for protein. The body prefers to be slightly alkaline. Drinking water is critical. When you stay dehydrated all toxic products are more concentrated. Sickness happens when the body gets acidotic!! Google the list of alkaline and acid foods. Buy your favorites and enjoy life.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

ZsaZsa

Post by ZsaZsa »

Thanks all! We are letting her eat slow burning carbs like quinoa, farro, bulgur...staying away from corn b/c it's a faster burning carb. She's not a big fruit eater...grapes, apples and oranges.
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

I can't imagine going into ketosis while eating all the allowable carbs on LDL.

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Dehydration may be the issue. Divide her body weight in half and that is the number of quarts of water she should drink per day. That is probably the safest way to flush the keytones.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...