Lots of questions help! Nuts and seeds

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Mizfitjennie
New, but learning

Lots of questions help! Nuts and seeds

Post by Mizfitjennie »

So I tried this diet before once and didn't fail but don't think I did it quite right. Ate too many canned fruits and juices and I still had a major appetite.

I'm considering giving it another shot but wanted to know if chia and flax seeds are out as well as any coconut products? He said all nuts and seeds are bad.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Lots of questions help! Nuts and seeds

Post by LINDA RN »

If you really think the nuts and seeds will help you, give it a try. But they are high calorie, high fat which may stall the weight loss. The high HEALTHY fats are not bad in themselves, but if you are going to consume them regularly you may need to cut way back on the sweet fruits and starchy vegetables. I have a co-worker who had a lot of weight to loose and is doing the ketogenic diet which is high protien and high fat but very limited carbs. She is really loosing but probably not any faster than I did following the LDL plan. So take it easy and see how other healthy foods affect you. For me, I cannot have nuts available because I would eat them till I had polished them all off. But a small serving on an eat-out salad did not affect me at all. Hope this helps.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...