Questions exercise protein coconuts

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Mizfitjennie
New, but learning

Questions exercise protein coconuts

Post by Mizfitjennie »

All I sent this email to Roger and wanted to throw it out there in case anyone wants to comment.

First and foremost congrats on your weight loss journey. I read your book way back when it came out and I tried the diet but I think I didn't do it quite right but I was different then and have way more knowledge now.

I have a few questions if you don't mind. I did order your new book so will read that to see if there are new changes.

First off I'm a 29 year old retired bodybuilder so I'm very much into fitness. I also have an autoimmune hypothyroidism condition. It makes it hard to lose weight. But I'm all over it. I want to try this diet again, not to lose weight but maintain my weight now because I'm at a happy healthy one...I need to be able to eat food and feel full or else I overeat and I have a sensitive digestive system.

My questions are do you allow coconut products? I cook with coco oil spray and I drink coco milk in my unsweetened organic morning coffee and usually like to add some coco oil or MCT oil to it...it helps feed my brain healthy fats, stave hunger a little and keep me regular. Plus it's good energy and food for my thyroid. I read that coconut is a drape or a fruit, not a nut.

Also you said all nuts and seeds are out so does that include chia and flax?

Also, I plan on exercising still to maintain my health and muscle but not as rigorous but is it ok to have some bone broth protein perhaps (or another acceptable protein) after I workout which is usually before dinner time then I could wait a bit and have my fruit dinner?

Also in the morning I have a huge appetite so I don't know what constitutes a small amount of fruit in your opinion.

Also as far as popcorn is it ok to eat that with fruit or should we eat it as a snack between meals?

Anyhow thank you for taking the time to read.
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Questions exercise protein coconuts

Post by LINDA RN »

I am sure you will hear from Roger soon. But in the meantime I will throw in my 2 cents worth. I cook and use coconut oil nearly exclusively. I use regular coconut oil when I don't want that flavor in some foods and us the EVCO when I want the flavor of coconut.

Because you are in maintenence mode, the bone broth should be fine. The point Roger makes is to eat LDL until you are so full you cannot eat another bite. So eat all the fruit you can in the morning and if you are a bit sugar sensitive add sme egg or other protein to hold you until early afternoon. I lost weight eating fruit and popcorn in the evening. Hope this helps.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...