Digestive changes??

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Mizfitjennie
New, but learning

Digestive changes??

Post by Mizfitjennie »

Hey all, I know in the book RTW mentioned that as we acclimate the diet our bowel habits may change some but does anyone feel like their food goes right through them? Sometimes almost as if not fully digested?

No gas or bloating or discomfort just increased motility as well as inconsistency....I'm not sure if any robe felt this and then it stopped after adjusting or should be cause for any concern
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Digestive changes??

Post by LINDA RN »

Having frequent loose stools can be a sort of blessing. I struggle with slow motility and the more "backed up" I get the hungrier I seem to get. Like Roger said, you should adjust in a week or two but if it continues or gets worse, you may be having other issues that a doctor could investigate.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
omalani
Master Member

Post by omalani »

Because this WOE includes more fiber the food goes through faster which is healthy. Also when you eat more raw foods you are getting the enzymes necessary to digest the food. Many food processors X-ray or irradiate the food to kill bacteria that decrease shelf life. However the radiation can kill the enzymes and probiotics as well. That is why farmer's markets are so good. Also chewing your food 20 X for each bite adds the enzymes in the saliva and helps digest the food. Digestion starts in the mouth. That is the draw back of liquid diets, one doesn't get the satisfaction from eating the solid foods. This also slows you down and you get to enjoy the taste longer. Lay down your fork and take a sip of water between bites. Talk more and enjoy the company of friends and family. Life is good.
Last edited by omalani on August 19th, 2016, 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11

LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

Well said Leilani.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
MsHeirloom
Master Member

Post by MsHeirloom »

Yes! We all need to remember this. Thanks, Leilani!
Mizfitjennie
New, but learning

Post by Mizfitjennie »

I am happy to report that my body finally adjusted and I love this diet because it controls my appetite and I don't get bloated!