Acne

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
Mizfitjennie
New, but learning

Acne

Post by Mizfitjennie »

Before starting this diet I didn't eat any fruit because of the sugar. I'm a few weeks in and my skin is breaking out. I have not gained weight or had digestive issues but it's definitely hormone related because I am prone to PCOS (polycyctic ovarian syndrome). I was hoping it was not the fruit causing this but I can't think of any other trigger any thoughts!?
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Acne

Post by LINDA RN »

It could be the sugar in the fruit you are eating. Hopefully, if it is, may just one or 2 particular fruits. Then again it could be a cleansing. You could stop all fruit and see if it clears. Then start one fruit at a time until you find the culprit. I have to say that breaking out from fruit is unusual. Usually it is some form of chocolate the causes it. Our docs have had good success prescribing clindamycin swabs for teenagers with acne. You could ask your doc for a treatment for it until you have been eating healthy a while to see if it is just toxins exiting. Keep us updated when you do find the cause and cure. It may be helpful for someone else.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
Mizfitjennie
New, but learning

Re: Acne

Post by Mizfitjennie »

I'm so happy to report that we believe fruit was not the culprit for the acne but that corn was...I think my body does not like it...I love the taste but I also eat loads of it, like 1.5 cups of kernels in an air popper makes three huge bowls! I could eat more by always stopped myself but doing that every other day overwhelmed my diet and I have read that people sensitive to mold or who have food intolerance should avoid all corn. I'm sad to see it go but I choose health and clear skin...I love fruit and veggies and I eat eggs and coconut oil for health fats, I feel great!