Going to try mixing 2 ingredients together.....

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
SweetRose7

Going to try mixing 2 ingredients together.....

Post by SweetRose7 »

Butter beans and cooked carrots. Here in England you can get different combinations of what is called ''mash''. Sometimes swede and carrots. I've tried potatoes and carrots, back when I was eating potatoes all the time! It was good, but I thought to be ''legal'' I would try butter beans with a few cooked carrots mashed together. It may taste very good.....or awful. I'll report back after I had my lunch in a couple of hours! First hubby and I are going to take a stroll to the seafront. We love doing this even on a crisp day. :)

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Re: Going to try mixing 2 ingredients together.....

Post by SweetRose7 »

Here's my opinion of the carrot/bean recipe. (Drum roll). It was very good! I would make it again. I just used one can of drained and rinsed butter beans to about 3 medium chunked and boiled carrots. Put it all in the blender to puree, and added sea salt, ground pepper, garlic and a bit of plant-based non-dairy spread. It whipped up very well. Served this with lean beef slices and a side of corn. A delicious lunch!

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
LINDA RN
Master Member

Re: Going to try mixing 2 ingredients together.....

Post by LINDA RN »

1/15/17

Butter beans are a wonderful potato substitute
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...