Best ''mashed potatoes'' ever!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
SweetRose7

Best ''mashed potatoes'' ever!

Post by SweetRose7 »

I just sauteed some lean pork chops- I know that many of you don't eat pork; you can use any other lean meat or poultry. I didn't use any fat to brown the meat but added a vegetable bullion cube and water and plenty of cut-up onions to the pan. When everything was browned and bullion cube water was boiled down I put a drained and rinsed can of butter beans into my blender. I then added the cooked onions to the beans along with garlic, pepper and a little plant- based light spread. The whipped up result was fantastic! I served these faux mashed potatoes along side the small lean chops with a side of corn. It was a very filling comfort meal and I plan to make my special ''mashed potatoes'' the same way again. What a great lunch! LDL style, of course.

Some of you may have probably made this recipe before, but I have just discovered it! :D

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Re: Best ''mashed potatoes'' ever!

Post by SweetRose7 »

Thanks Roger! I think you and Neets will LOVE this recipe! In fact I made a big bowlful for leftovers so tonight for dinner I made the ''hash browns'' you wrote about. I took the basic recipe I posted and added sliced green onions, sliced celery (for crunch) and also some frozen corn kernels, also for crunch. I put these ''potato patties'' in a skillet with a bit of coconut oil and sprinkled smoky paprika and pepper on top. I sautéed till crisp on both sides and served along side of spicy beans. I drained the sauce off the beans- 4 kinds of red beans- because I wasn't quite sure of the sugar content. The beans were delish with these ''hash browns''!

Now about the Flora. I'm not sure if you can get Flora in the States, but if not, if you look in your big supermarket I'm sure you will find a healthy plant-based spread similar to this. Here's the info on Flora:

https://groceries.morrisons.com/webshop ... /112360011

Also gives the nutritional values.

Hope this helps!

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
LINDA RN
Master Member

Post by LINDA RN »

1/26/17

I looked up your Flora spread and it looks to be pretty good. I decided to compare it with I CAN'T BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER which was originally suggested in the books. I found out that ICBINB stopped using non-GMO ingredients and are saying GMOs are safe. :-s =;

Even before LDL, we only used butter and we were able to loose significantly with it. However we used very little. I cooked with olive oil mostly but now have switched to coconut oil. I listen and read from holistic doctors and now the rest of the medical community is finally getting it. There are a lot of studies now showing that a lower than normal cholesterol level is a significant finding in depression. Fat is necessary for good brain function. BUT you have to cut out all hydrogenated fats (found in processed and "fast" foods), and consume mostly Omega 3 fats. Adding foods rich in Omega 3's will keep your brain healthy and also help you feel satisfied. But you can't go overboard on even healthy fats and expect to eat all the other good foods and still loose weight. Moderation is the key and monitoring how each food affects you personally.

Just saw a program today from a doctor who read a study showing different people react differently to each food. The study focused on what foods elevated blood sugar and that the glycemic index may not be accurate. For instance wheat and other grains may cause a spike in blood sugar for some and friuts may not, or vise versa. The conclusion was to monitor blood sugars after eating to see what is specifically causing spikes. It is just my personal opinion the same may be true for healthy fats. Some may gain weight very quickly on certain fats and others may actually need more fat added to loose weight.

It all comes down to getting to know your body and how it functions best. Sharing what you have learned and what works for you may help someone else and that is why this program has worked so well. The message boards are an important key. Thank you Roger for sharing all elements of your success with us.
Linda
"And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:26

Taste and see that the Lord is good...
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Thanks for all the valuable info Linda! I've really cut down on the fats but will use Flora- only 28 calories per tablespoon besides it being plant-based and healthier than saturated margarines and other spreads. Pure grass-fed butter is really good but in moderation only. I use mostly EVOO and extra virgin coconut oil. I have also used grapeseed oil and a few others. But never do I deep fry anything.

But the major ingredient I have cut out since December 31st is sugar! I sometimes have a level teaspoon of fructose on a sliced banana. Makes me feel like I am indulging. But I don't have this treat very often.

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Post by SweetRose7 »

Do any of you have the latest info about coconut oil? I've been recently reading that it is not as healthy as we have previously thought. :( I've stopped using until I get more information.

SweetRose7
SweetRose7