The ''other'' potato- low carb rutabagas!

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!
SweetRose7

The ''other'' potato- low carb rutabagas!

Post by SweetRose7 »

I have been eating lot's of rutabagas, in soups mostly- and continue to lose weight. I did weigh myself - a few days earlier than planned- and find that I have dropped 8 pounds since January 1. Yay!! Of course I am eating all of the allowable LDL foods in vast quantities, although some days I do eat less. This probably helps me to lose a bit more than usual.

I wanted to point out that rutabagas ( they're called ''swedes'' here) seem to not be interfering with my weight loss at all. Maybe others will find this to not be true for themselves. But I am going to experiment with recipes for swede, like mashing them like potatoes, also sauteeing like hash browns and baking with EVOO in strips like French fries ( called chips here). I am still going to stick to my mashed butter beans for most of my ''potato'' recipes, but for variety I really want to use rutabagas once In a while. I'll continue to monitor my weight loss every few weeks.

Info on rutabagas:

https://www.verywell.com/carb-informati ... as-2241823

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
SweetRose7

Re: The ''other'' potato- low carb rutabagas!

Post by SweetRose7 »

Thanks Roger!

SweetRose7 @};-
SweetRose7
omalani
Master Member

Re: The ''other'' potato- low carb rutabagas!

Post by omalani »

I haven't check in on this site for a couple of months. Jan. I was in Iowa meeting my 1st great grandson and came to Calif. on Valentines day to meet my 2nd great grandson. This makes 4, 2 girls and 2 boys, all cute and wonderful!
Aloha,
Leilani

I know what I'm doing, says the Lord.
I have it all planned out - plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for.
Jeremiah 29:11