flaculance

The place to go if you have a question that needs answered!

If you follow the program religiously and eat large amounts of beans, do you have a problem with flaculance?

Poll runs till June 16th, 2043, 4:34 pm

Yes
20%
No
33%
Sometimes
47%

Total votes: 15

joecaracappa
Master Member

flaculance

Post by joecaracappa »

I eat beans until they come out of my ears and yet I do not have a problem with flatulence? Prior to LDL I would say flatulence was the norm. Now I am not talking about any odors emitted during a BM, but the occasional social faux pax.

Joe
CHI MANGIA BENE, VIVE BENE.
Who eats well, lives well.
niki

Re: flaculance

Post by niki »

believe me,we all know what you're talking about.....you look for the dog to blame it on her(or him)....i notice that it's not as bad when i alternate between bean soup and lentil soup....i just made lentil soup and hadn't made it for a LONG time....my father can't tolerate regular bean soup(and i mean just digestion now)but he's fine digesting lentil soup.......i'm going to be more careful in draining the liquid twice when i cook dried beans.....and i'm going to REALLY cook them until they're really soft.......
  beans...beans...beans....still love em.......niki
EnJae
Master Member

Re: flatulence

Post by EnJae »

I said "No" but now I must qualify that.
During the first 10 days I was a walking noise-maker. But after my system got used to eating beans everyday I have lost the excess tail-wind.
niki

Post by niki »

you know,i read that...and the next time i go to fairway,i'm going to put it on my list..........thanks....niki
LittlePrincess
Master Member

Re: flatulence

Post by LittlePrincess »

enjae wrote:I said "No" but now I must qualify that.
During the first 10 days I was a walking noise-maker. But after my system got used to eating beans everyday I have lost the excess tail-wind.

LOL  NJ you are a riot!  *hugs*
All you will ever be is you.  Learn to love it.

Post by jenibug530 »

I must chime in on this one since the other day, after eating roasted garbanzo beans, my stomach was soooo bloated that it was sitting on my desk in front of me. For TWO days, whew :P.... horrible problem with that, but with other beans, I seem to have no problem!!! I have always had an issue with chick peas, but I love them, so I will keep eating them.
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Roger:

The only problem with Beano is that it is expensive. I'm interested in the subject because I think that after a couple weeks of LDL, others will "adjust" to the change as mine did and it's no problem.

I had a bigger problem with it before LDL. I really did! Maybe I'm lucky. Although we are all different due to genetics, medications, medical history, food preferences and such, results may vary, but I think everyone should give it a shot.

I'd rather spend my money on beans.

Thank You for all you've done for us.

Your friend for life,
Joe
joecaracappa
Master Member

Post by joecaracappa »

Roger:

I just reread your post and realized we were on the same page............."never mind".

Joe
rhernan216

Post by rhernan216 »

the problem has ceased in our house as well. as long as we stay on the LDL plan and do not stray from the system we are all fine. If  you  cheat and go off the path with a cheeseburger, pizza slice ( yes one is all it takes ) or a order of fries trust me your system reaks havoc. I truly belive it is all about a stabilized metabolism, sugar level and chemical balance our bodies need. One bottle of beano for the whole family was all we needed and we didn't even use the whole bottle come to think of it before we all stabilized. I had a small cup of cappucino a few weeks ago and man did i pay for it. All afternoon and into the night. You would have thought i was lactose intolerant the way it tore my system up. It had to be all of the sugar and the powdered dairy in the mix. i am down to one cup of coffee inthe morning and that is it. Beano does work but you have to follow directions and stay the course with LDL. eventually the problem goes away once your system gets it's tune up.
Richard Hernandez
niki

Post by niki »

I WOULD JUST LIKE TO CHIME IN that i would rather spend my money on beans than on beano.....
  and richard,i am so happy to see you back on board....i've been thinking lately about the fact that i haven't seen you post for quite a while......very glad you're still on board.....
    sick and tired of being sick and tired.......well put....niki